Switched live power

Well looking at adding an additional USB socket on the right of my steering wheel where there’s a blanking plug.

There’s a small fuse board beneath by the drivers right knee, but none of them are switched live. Obviously I could got for the main under passenger seat fuse box but as I’ve converted to a single passenger seat it’s now a nause to get to.

However there’s a plug behind the lower drivers side a trim which has switched lives and permanent lives. There’s also a ground point right next to it for the neutral.

Now this may seem a daft question but what terminal pins would be required here? I’ll need the female side if I’m going to use this.

IMG_0899.jpeg

IMG_0904.jpeg

IMG_0905.jpeg

Have a look behind that blanking plug before you decide, any item fitted in there has to be a push fot as a screwed in item will not pass through the steel section when you replace the plastic. I know because I've looked with the same idea as you.

Have a look behind that blanking plug before you decide, any item fitted in there has to be a push fot as a screwed in item will not pass through the steel section when you replace the plastic. I know because I've looked with the same idea as you.
Looks fine to me

IMG_0908.jpeg

ah think i get what you mean now, the backing nut is very difficult to get on with the cup holder in situ. There is however adequate space for the USB socket.

Any ideas how to get this cup holder piece out? Looks like the panel below might need to come off?

ah think i get what you mean now, the backing nut is very difficult to get on with the cup holder in situ. There is however adequate space for the USB socket.

Any ideas how to get this cup holder piece out? Looks like the panel below might need to come off?
Yes agreed there is plenty of room for the socket, it's only getting it fixed into position that is difficult.

I can't remember how far I had mine dismantled but there are a number of parts that need to come off. I think I was investigating where the BCM was and if it was accessible to connect the battery separation wire. In the end mine is all Victron kit which doesn't need that signal so I didn't go any further than just looking.

Where did you get the dual standard USB socket from please?

Think I got it from eBay

Managed to get the socket in and wires routed in the end, all back together. Just had to remove a few bits of dash that are easy when you know how (found a video).

Just got some loose wires currently but tested off a battery and it’s working fine. Just need to figure out what terminal pins I need for that switched live in the connector block behind the lower A pillar!

Back