retrofit aircon question

Randello

I have the possibility of a good deal on a LWB Crafter but it has no factory aircon in the cab. Because I will be doing most of my travelling in southern Europe I will need one for sure. Therefore is it possible to get a retrofit air con put in or if not would I be able to uprate the alternator to put in an after market electric air con system which I have seen are available but draw about 45A ! Any advise on this would be very welcome.

The crafter only came with zircon in cab if the bulkhead remained in place. If they put in swivel seats the bulkhead gets deleted and so does the aircon....eugh... I guess it's because the aircon in a cab works well but not suitable for whole open van. I'm looking at a couple of options and the domestic seems best, comfort has ability to heat as well. But as you say draw is heaftey

The crafter only came with zircon in cab if the bulkhead remained in place. If they put in swivel seats the bulkhead gets deleted and so does the aircon....eugh... I guess it's because the aircon in a cab works well but not suitable for whole open van. I'm looking at a couple of options and the domestic seems best, comfort has ability to heat as well. But as you say draw is heaftey
I ordered mine (LWB 3.180 TGE) with swivels and aircon no problem. But that's MAN, they seem to be willing to order just what the customer wants.

I ordered mine (LWB 3.180 TGE) with swivels and aircon no problem. But that's MAN, they seem to be willing to order just what the customer wants.
Odd I was told no on the MAN.. bit it's not hard to take out the bulkhead. ..

Odd I was told no on the MAN.. bit it's not hard to take out the bulkhead. ..
My sales person was Craig Hackley who was very helpful in dealing with the order for our TGE although that was back in August 2021 and at that time he worked for Aquila Truck & Bus but the sales team has now been brought together under the MAN umbrella so things may be different.

FYI and others the spec of the vehicle that I have is attached.

Attachments

• TGE Spec 04_08_21.pdf
    438.4 KB · Views: 5
I will try when I get chance to look at what parts systems I can find on line however @Pauly may be able to provide more help than me. However if you did order swivel seats you will get the drop down hand brake automatically.

All I can say is watch this space.

I will try when I get chance to look at what parts systems I can find on line however @Pauly may be able to provide more help than me. However if you did order swivel seats you will get the drop down hand brake automatically.

All I can say is watch this space.
Unfortunately we were led to belive the airvon would get removed if we ordered swivel seats because of the bulkhead delete ... so didn't order at the time. Hence looking for the part numbers now.now makes me wonder if we would have gotten plastics to cover the b pillars too. Ah bugger. .. if anyone can help would be great. Hope to get the van this week so might make a Pont on those things yo see if they can help

So update on the aircon. Apparently if you remove the bulkhead the alarm is removed as well..... anyone with factor deleted bulkhead and still has the alarm?

Back