Bye to T6 hellow to TGE LWB

Mupp3tt

Bumping in here over from the T6 forum
, we are waiting on a TGE 3.180 lwb and have been waiting 2 years now. Finally have a build slot of wk 51... roll on the new year.
Currently on here looking for ideas and solutions to a camper build.

Any links appreciated.

Bed systems
Raising
as well as
Pop top and
Seat options.

Tow bar
removable preferred with swan neck

Mechanical mechanisms to Raise and lower a devider, somewhat like a electric window movement. Ideas on a post card!

Planning full electric off grid as an African road trip seems like a good plan to me. So advise on size of batteries and what kit to look out for and avoid is always a good start.

Who have used what on sound deadening. Previous t6 was silent coated on all pannels with complete cover. What a huge difference.

Advise on air con units for the rear,
As well as fan systems

I will be installing a van life tech hydronic floor and heating system at some point at the beginning of the build.

Alternate heating system other than air blown diesel advise would be great.

Looking for custom racking to be made

As well as full off road mods to suspension so real off road shocks etc

Any pointers or advise please feel free.

Exciting times

Hello, and welcome to the Forum.

Sounds like exciting times ahead.

With regards to heating, have a look at the Westfalia Columbus, Sven Hedin systems. I have a Sven that has a diesel powered system, but it is a wet systems with underfloor heating and radiators.

Hiya and welcome onboard.
Have a peek at Roamer for batteries as the boss, Steve has a super-mega off grid setup. Customer service is fab and they offer a free electrical design for customers. Top kit too.

Beds- check out project 2000 beds, the gubbins is contained within the bed frame. Theres a good vid on Rhales conversions web site - (sadly no longer converting vans)

Fans- look no further than Maxxair fans- 10 speed & silent running until you hit hurricane speed

Tow bar- just make sure that it has the VW (MAN) compatible wiring loom, rather than a cheaper generic one, else your sensor light stays on the dash (DAMHIK)

Need pics as and when too 👍👍

Hello, and welcome to the Forum.

Sounds like exciting times ahead.

With regards to heating, have a look at the Westfalia Columbus, Sven Hedin systems. I have a Sven that has a diesel powered system, but it is a wet systems with underfloor heating and radiators.
Is that the whole conversion that's called that or is there a name for the heating system only.?

It’s an Eberspacher system. The system is like a domestic wet central heating system.

The heater heats water in a loop that feeds 4 radiators and a heating loop under the floor. The radiators in the garage and bathroom work like normal radiators, the radiators under the dinette seat and passenger seat have fan assistance.

The system is zoned with control valves so the bathroom, main van and underfloor heating can be set at different temperatures.

Hot water is provided by a calorifier which is heated by a coil fed from the hot water loop.

The hot water loop is closed with an expansion tank and is filled with a water/antifreeze mixture.

It’s an Eberspacher system. The system is like a domestic wet central heating system.

The heater heats water in a loop that feeds 4 radiators and a heating loop under the floor. The radiators in the garage and bathroom work like normal radiators, the radiators under the dinette seat and passenger seat have fan assistance.

The system is zoned with control valves so the bathroom, main van and underfloor heating can be set at different temperatures.

Hot water is provided by a calorifier which is heated by a coil fed from the hot water loop.

The hot water loop is closed with an expansion tank and is filled with a water/antifreeze mixture.
Great explanation. Is it something they provide as a retrofit or only if toy buy a full conversion from them. Sounds similar to van life tech offering which are now in the UK.. but 10k to install.... seems steep but I guess with the dmvonteol unit etc. Would be good to know if it is possible to copy your system . Any chance of more detail on the valves etc

The system is a standard fit in several Westfalia vans.

I am pretty sure it is a commercially available system as opposed to something specific to Westfalia. Possibly a boat system.

Both Eberspacher and Webasto produce ‘wet’ heating systems. Buy the diesel heater and then chose the pipe work, etc to suit. They will also supply small radiator fan units that increase circulation

Both Eberspacher and Webasto produce ‘wet’ heating systems. Buy the diesel heater and then chose the pipe work, etc to suit. They will also supply small radiator fan units that increase circulation
I've looked for this with eberspacher, but not found it yet any links welcome.

On a other note. What is everyone using as a insulation layer up as well as vcl...

Just a couple of examples

We have recently installed the Lippert bed system for a local customer who is always more than happy to let you take a look. It s great system and being able to manufacture your own bed frame it makes sizing options endless 👍

Brandon

Hi folkes.. few more requests
Anyone fitted large skylights. And on that how big. Plastic or glass?
And anyone here a plumber that could tell me how to plumb in a heated floor with calorfier to heat hot water and potentially a radiator matrix of the back of it with a fan. I would like to jave a heated floor in the van with the option to have a more instant hot radiator fan blowing the air arround.

@Tonyis there any chance you could fire me over the model of your hydronic heater. Doing some comparisons and would be great to compare to somone with real life experiance.
and photos would be great and and idea on the valvework and piping..

@ajcis there any chance of a photo of the motor in the lippert system. I'm looking at using it along with the full lippert system to power a raising devider. If I could gear it into the same motor it would be a cost saving. By the by I'm a design engineer... who has ADHD and dyslexia, which means no volume of detail is too much ha ha .

@ajcis there any chance of a photo of the motor in the lippert system. I'm looking at using it along with the full lippert system to power a raising devider. If I could gear it into the same motor it would be a cost saving. By the by I'm a design engineer... who has ADHD and dyslexia, which means no volume of detail is too much ha ha .
Do these help?
1704539914015.png
1704539933322.png
1704539956649.png

The cylindrical device visible in the top two pictures is the item that controls the upper and lower limits.

I have the installation instructions for these beds if you want them please give me a call.

@Pauly the Lippert instructions may be good in the Downloads area. Drop me a PM if you want them.

Rod

Do these help?
View attachment 607
View attachment 608
View attachment 609

The cylindrical device visible in the top two pictures is the item that controls the upper and lower limits.

I have the installation instructions for these beds if you want them please give me a call.

@Pauly the Lippert instructions may be good in the Downloads area. Drop me a PM if you want them.

Rod
Yes thanks. Would it be a pain to get a clear photo of the details on the motor and or the gearbox on the motor?

Back