Heated Washer Jets - Missing on factory order

Jack T

When I ordered my van it was lockdown and it took 12 months to arrive. Everything with the van is great but they missed off the heated washer jets/nozzles even though I paid for and ordered them. I didn’t want to reject the van for something so trivial at the time so didn’t mention it.

So a couple of years has gone by and I remembered about it and asked the dealer to check they worked when being serviced! Of course they figured they had been missed.

They have offered to refund my money for them (decent a couple of years down the line) but refused to retrofit or even supply the parts. Which is understandable I suppose.

My query is does anyone have any exploded diagrams of these with part numbers please? Just trying to figure if a retrofit is possible. Reason being that I think the parts will cost a lot more than the refund they are offering. Thinking they will just turn on with the ignition, there doesn’t seem to be any switch available for it unless it comes on with the heated screen.

Sounds petty I realise but it’s annoying in the winter when you have paid for something and I haven’t got them.

A number plate for a van with them may help if not so I could go to the parts dept with it.

Any help much appreciated.

I have done a quick bit of Googling and had a look under the bonnet.

The wiring for the heated nozzles appears to be part of the main loom. The wiring for the heated nozzles does not appear to be on a plug, it comes out of the bonnet on the LHS with the washer fluid supply, and then just disappears into the loom.

Worth having a look to see if there is a feed from the loom running with the fluid pipe to the nozzles.

It may be just a case of getting hold of the heated nozzles.

Yeah the grommet on the bonnet has the additional entry for the loom it’s just not there. Will have to have look further back.

A loom diagram and some part numbers would be ideal so I can go back to them.

Thanks @TonyL for your efforts.

A bit more googling suggests that the heated nozzles are linked to the heated door mirrors on some VWs, which makes sense.

Washer jet heaters are fused from fuse SC25 (10A) which is in the fuse block in the centre of the dash. They are always live when the ignition is on.

There are other items also fed from this fuse.

Washer jet heaters are fused from fuse SC25 (10A) which is in the fuse block in the centre of the dash. They are always live when the ignition is on.

There are other items also fed from this fuse.
Sorry the above is duff info, wrong vehicle!

I'm looking for Crafter wiring now.

Crafter heated washer jets are fed & controlled by the Onboard Supply control unit (J519) so software switched. The negative (chassis ground) can come from anywhere that you can find a terminal. I've no idea if the control is a thing that needs coding into J519.

1682350165036.png

Last edited:
I think this should be a straight forward job to retrofit, on transporters they are simply fed with an ignition live so if you are happy to do it that way then should be easy

pm me your vin number and i will do my thing !

Bit of info here

So heres the part number info with RRP exc vat

1682361586287.png

and the diagram it came from

1682361655730.png

im pretty sure these will be standard VAG washers the only question is if the cheap ebay copies eject water at the same angle ?
they normally have a little screw to adjust the fan spray so its highly likely, my experience on T6 found they sprayed a touch high when stationary but fine on the move

@Jack T im happy to get the parts together (ebay or genuine) and make the wiring for you to test this out of your happy top cover the cost of the parts ?

Pair of these
and a pair of these
plus some cables and you could do this for around £30 !

@Pauly absolutely that would be great if you are prepared to do it please.

Would prefer genuine if possible and happy to pay more for that. PM me your BACS details when you know the costs and I will send it straight over.

Let me know if you need details/measurements from the van.

Thanks again. (y)

If yuo could post a photo of underside of bonnet standing drivers side facing passenger bonnet hinge, then give me measurement of distance between washer jets and distance from passenger washer to edge of bonnet/washer tube exit point

If its ok with you i will order a pair of ebay specials (at my expense) then the genuine ones and send them both for you to compare

If its ok with you i will order a pair of ebay specials (at my expense) then the genuine ones and send them both for you to compare
I’m happy to cover all the costs, look at the differences and do a bit of a write up with your assistance. (y)

Back