Grand California

That pics shows parking not camping.

Camping is tables and chairs, or BBQ etc.

Sleeping in a van is ok, after all it’s just parked and it depends on what the signs actually say and any force behind them.

Most importantly .. leave no trace 👍

Yeh, we always take our rubbish home, even my fav butts. Signs say ‘Overnight camping prohibited’ no penalties stated, so all they can do is move you on.

@DaveBos @kath
Do you guys have the auto dropping type handbrake ?
Think they are standard on grand cali
I have bought one and looking to see if its transferable to a T6/T6.1, transporter unit is shorter and bolts to seat base but cant see how the crafter one works, its physically larger/taller and im guessing it bolts down directly to the floor ?

Any chance of a couple pictures so i can see what it looks like please

@DaveBos @kath
I have bought one and looking to see if its transferable to a T6/T6.1, transporter unit is shorter and bolts to seat base but cant see how the crafter one works, its physically larger/taller and im guessing it bolts down directly to the floor ?

Nudge me Paul if no one else comes up with a picture then the next time I go to the workshop where mine is being converted I will take some pictures for you.

@DaveBos @kath

Yes it is the auto dropping handbrake. Appears to be welded to the seat base, see second and third photo. Can’t see how to get the trims off to double check, plus don’t really want to wreck the trim doing thus as it’s @kath van 😬🤣

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I guess that there are two different sets of trim as @DaveBos has the OEM blown air heating and with that I think the floor between the seats is higher.

@DaveBos @WestySven
Thankyou both very much that really helps
I tried looking at some crafter seat bases on ebay etc and couldnt see a side bracket for it to attach too, at keast now i know thats how it works, not sure i want to go as far as welding etc to make it work for the couple times a year i may swivel the seat !

What would be helpful is the VIN numbers of your vans so i can double check part numbers etc and see if there are any variations on covers etc, i will send you both a PM so its private if you are happy to oblige ?

@DaveBos @kath

Mine has the Auto dropping handbrake on a 140 Auto crafter 22 plate

@DaveBos @WestySven
Thankyou both very much that really helps
I tried looking at some crafter seat bases on ebay etc and couldnt see a side bracket for it to attach too, at keast now i know thats how it works, not sure i want to go as far as welding etc to make it work for the couple times a year i may swivel the seat !

What would be helpful is the VIN numbers of your vans so i can double check part numbers etc and see if there are any variations on covers etc, i will send you both a PM so its private if you are happy to oblige ?
Still not bought a Crafter yet Paul?

No, big boss lady decided we are moving house so think we will have to defer the crafter build for a year or two as dont have the time or the money at the moment !

Reactions: CRE
Back