Grand California

I’d not heard of that model before and looked it up. Very cool van, I specially like the bathroom set up .
😎😎

Picking mine up Tuesday, plans for a trial run already.

Looks a lovely spot.

I know gas bottles are a problem. Thankfully the Sven Hedin is diesel heating and only a small camping gaz bottle for cooking.

Car park down the road from Rhosneigr, technically no overnight parking, but it’s winter so as long as you dont leave a mess, should be ok.

I would have a specced a diesel heater, but we bought our from stock. Tempted by a gas low refillable system, but will have to wait until I have savings again 🤣

I looked at several GCs before going for the Sven again. Diesel heating was a must have, would have bought one were it not for dealers playing games.

My dealer was hopeless, the young lad had no idea about the GC, same as when I bought my T6 in 2016, customer telling the dealer how everything worked 🤣

I m picking up a Sven Hedin next week. This will be my second one.
Tony, We looked out the Sven Hedin but was told the we could not use our local VW centre for warranty/ Services. Is this correct seeing it a Vw Crafter with MAN badges ?

Tony, We looked out the Sven Hedin but was told the we could not use our local VW centre for warranty/ Services. Is this correct seeing it a Vw Crafter with MAN badges ?
Although part of VW group, MAN has its own dealers and service centres, so for warranty etc you need to use them. The parts however are essentially interchangeable because it’s just a rebadged VW Crafter

Yes, you need to use the MAN service centres. I haven’t had to use them, but from what I understand the standard of service is better with 24/7 service. They are focused on the commercial truck market, not domestic consumers. Have a look at their web site.

As for the habitation side I use Camper Sales.

Don’t seem to have the issues that GC owners are having.

Yes, you need to use the MAN service centres. I haven’t had to use them, but from what I understand the standard of service is better with 24/7 service. They are focused on the commercial truck market, not domestic consumers. Have a look at their web site.

As for the habitation side I use Camper Sales.

Don’t seem to have the issues that GC owners are having.
Unfortunately not all workshops are open 24/7 but I believe the roadside assistance is.

Back