EGR Cooling pump

jake56

Hi everyone,

First time poster here and apologies if any rules have been broken.
My Van is a 2018 Volkswagen Crafter CR35 startline. The only modification to the van other than it being campervan conversion are the led retrofit lights from transporterhq. (I’ve also disconnected everything from starter battery other than the main connector).
I have an issue regarding my EGR coolant pump. It seems to stay on constantly and will not switch off causing my battery to go dead. I’ve done a diagnostic with my friends snap on machine and also I have a diagnostic machine from China (launch brand) which shows no faults. The battery has died a few times so a new one was put in as replacement, I’ve also replaced the EGR pump, same issue happens. I have to disconnect it when leaving the van overnight or the battery just goes flat. I’ve also checked against some websites to show which relay does what, however mine does not seem to match up. I’ll put a video to show this(including FLIR of the relays).

The pump in question is the v400 pump, 3 pin. I’ve unplugged the ECM to see if any pins were corroded, however all fine. I’m just at my wits end and have no idea what to try next. Any help would be super appreciative.

Thanks in advance

I would suggest find someone with vcds scanner. Search eBay for a local guy that offers this service. I have vcds but I’m away for few weeks.

I have a VCDS cable coming tomorrow (legit, unlimited vins). What would VCDS help in this situation?

The vcds will find the fault, and why the pump is running all the time. You can also run test, adaptation etc. pretty much similar to vw Odis software. Also you new starter battery will need to be coded in. So the ecm knows about it. With vcds you can code the battery. Many parts will require coding, not just swap for new, and erase the fault code.

Back