Aftermarket wheel choices

Pauly

VCDS User
Admin
What wheels have people gone with on their vans ?

Just starting to have a look around and see what the options are and whats out there

I tried a set of bigger steels when I first got mine, these were tuff torque wheels that I had powder coated black and wrapped in Michelin cross latitudes.

Fitted fine but found them a bit chunky looking, reverted back to original steels again done in black with Nokian weatherproofs, very pleased.

A lot of the supposedly Crafter aftermarket wheels are T5/6 wheels as the same pcd. The offsets are not ideal for Crafter though meaning they stick out too far.

5715FF75-2AEB-4B5B-A0E4-7E6C127FAA65.jpeg

And originals VW wheels re done with better tyres. Found the original continentals lacked grip particularly in the wet. Will probably go for Agilis cross climates next time but the Nokians have been a good all rounder.

842418D1-68B0-4182-A820-1D46FAE83D1C.jpeg

West Forged do some very nice wheels and make with the correct offsets,etc. Take a look at DCD transporters website for an example. Not cheap though

Black Rhino Warlord in Gunmetal

17x 8.0 ET35
BF Goodrich All Terains 255/65 114/110S

Overall rolling circumference is a bit more than standard but speedo is bang on compared to a GPS and they’re properly load rated which, if as most fitters do, fit 245 width they’re not load rated enough, so don’t have a crash and don’t let the MOT inspector look too closely! It needed the wheel arch extensions so they fit just nice and snuggly.

743CAC3C-0BDF-4807-98BC-D939CEE1CB6C.jpeg

Naive Q

How much do you think that the clearance has altered by changing the wheels and tyres please

I seen crafter in the ramp in the dealership when I was in a couple of months ago and it had a set of Davenport’s on it ?
I assume they are T6 wheels it did look better than the steel wheels and you can pick a set of new up for about £550 but will they be ok and safe on a crafter ?.

I don’t think the load rating of Davenports will be high enough given the largest T6 is only 3.2t. I might be wrong on this though. Can’t see VW (or whoever makes them for them) allowing that much margin on their wheels.

Tyres would more than likely need upgraded also if the wheels did happen to be right.

Be aware that offsets are 10-20mm different T6 to Crafter also.

Entirely your choice though what you want to fit.

If they are the incorrect rating I won’t fit them it’s just I seen it on the ramp and wondered if they would be ok .

Black Rhino Warlord in Gunmetal

17x 8.0 ET35
BF Goodrich All Terains 255/65 114/110S

Overall rolling circumference is a bit more than standard but speedo is bang on compared to a GPS and they’re properly load rated which, if as most fitters do, fit 245 width they’re not load rated enough, so don’t have a crash and don’t let the MOT inspector look too closely! It needed the wheel arch extensions so they fit just nice and snuggly.

View attachment 167
I have a 4Motion 2019 which i'm just fitting the 40mm lift kit and Blisten new shocks all round and extended bumps Going for the 17x8 Oz Rally Raid in Gold but toying with the idea of 265 / 65 x17 Maxis Worm Drive AT's if they will fit! Alternatively 245 / 70 x 17. Not worried about arches as having body shop doing them so suit as building full blown LWB Tour Extreme Camper 🤙 Also have the option of the 30mm spacer kit if find an issue if do go the 265 / 65 route.

Afraid to say, I stuck with the standard ones.
Just cleaned up the rims an snapped on some plastic covers.
Easily replaced/ repaired, and if worst case scenario, most tyre stockists would have one on the shelf…..

IMG_3779.jpeg

Back