Spare Wheel … How do you carry yours?

That’s exactly where mine is as well. The space underneath was taken by the lpg tank.

Where did you get that ladder from? I like it for cleaning the solar.

The ladder and bike rack are both from Wheeliams. I painted them in black truck bed liner so they’ll match and also the ladder will have some nice grip when it’s wet.

I got my spare wheel carrier from them to, never knew they did a ladder as well. At the time they probably didn’t, but demand has pushed for new products. 👍

Looks good, I’ve just ordered the wheeliams one as the lpg tank takes the room underneath and the wheel takes up a lot of room in the back. Have you got a locking wheel nut on the spare? I’m getting the steel wheels powder coated and will get the carrier done at the same, but wondered if I should lock it up on the carrier?

Mines a LWB but the gas tank has a cover that faces the rear. This has the knob to turn the gas on/off with so I still need access to it unfortunately.

It is possible to move the spare wheel back 4 or 5 inches, you just need some nutserts and a drill. Did mine last weekend and took about1/2 hour. It’s what Propex do to make space for the same tank location. 4 x nutserts M8 required and use the original bolts

Unfortunately I don’t have the strength to do the nutserts! I’m happy doing these things and getting my hands grubby. I’ve ordered the wheel carrier so will stick with that I think. I guess this is for another thread, but I’d wanted to put some rails on the roof but because it’s converted I can’t access the inside holes, so thought nutserts would allow me to do that - but I’m not strong enough 💪

Back