Plugging holes in wheel arches from ply lining

Got 2 holes in each wheel arch from ply lining as well as a small hole where something’s been slid into the van with force and it’s hit into the wheel arch.

No wheel arch ply boxes when I got it so I think they have taken a bit of a battering!

What’s the best way to plug these holes. I was thinking either rivets or some sort of paintable sealant? What’s everyone else done?

I work in the water industry and have to repair water containers/ trough for those “ poor farmers” I encounter, and found a great way of dealing with your problem is to use a stainless penny washer either side of the hole with some black Jack black waterproofing tar between the arch and washers to stop any water coming once a stainless rivet or counter sunk bolt and nut pitch it all together.

I work in the water industry and have to repair water containers/ trough for those “ poor farmers” I encounter, and found a great way of dealing with your problem is to use a stainless penny washer either side of the hole with some black Jack black waterproofing tar between the arch and washers to stop any water coming once a stainless rivet or counter sunk bolt and nut pitch it all together.
Thanks, it’s definitely looking like some sort of rivet is the answer

Back