So, how do people carry their bikes… pushbike that is!

Evening all, so after your ideas on how to carry a couple of mountain bikes. Current thinking is in the boot space (under the bed) using those nifty front fork mounts you bolt to the flooring. But thought I’d ask what other ideas have been developed. We’ve now got a wheeliams spare wheel carrier fitted, so I think that negates the Thule carrier, oh and one of the bikes is a fair old weight as it’s an e-bike. (Even with the battery removed). Which I guess would rule a carrier on the door out? Just wondering what other ideas anyone might have come up with? Thanks all 😊

Evening all, so after your ideas on how to carry a couple of mountain bikes. Current thinking is in the boot space (under the bed) using those nifty front fork mounts you bolt to the flooring. But thought I’d ask what other ideas have been developed. We’ve now got a wheeliams spare wheel carrier fitted, so I think that negates the Thule carrier, oh and one of the bikes is a fair old weight as it’s an e-bike. (Even with the battery removed). Which I guess would rule a carrier on the door out? Just wondering what other ideas anyone might have come up with? Thanks all 😊
I carry my road bike under the bed. In my last van I used a fork mount. In my current van I use a soft bike bag.

The fork mount didn’t allow much flexibility and had to undo the mount of I needed to get anything from behind the bike. The bag can be positioned where you want and is easier to take out.

Nice to see your boot is as full as mine 😄 We have two to sqeeze in, so they'd have to go length wise but we'd be a ble to pile stuff in around them I reckon. Thanks for the pic, nice to actually see the size fitted in the boot.

Tow bar bike rack for me. Might, I say might just work with a door mounted spare wheel. Two bikes, but I turn the bars 90 degrees.

IMG_0682.jpeg

Ooh - would a towbar work with an underslung gas tank? I happen to have a spare towbar bike rack. Or does it send the ParkAssist crazy?!

Ooh - would a towbar work with an underslung gas tank? I happen to have a spare towbar bike rack. Or does it send the ParkAssist crazy?!
It fits. I’ve also got an underslung gas tank (20l Gas it).

Just make sure that if you get a tow bar, you don’t skimp on the wiring loom. I was offered a VW compliant one or a cheaper all purpose loom when my bar was fitted…..

The parking sensors see the tow bar as an obstacle with the general loo, but app the VW compliant one doesn’t DAMHIK 🤦‍♂️

That’s definitely another option, I’m guessing there is a considerable price difference between the Vw compliant loom and the alternative! 😁

i'm planning a large drawer for two bikes under the bed space, but when it is full out there will be a deck platform for seating when the doors are open. possibly a lift bed above that so we still have a good storage space under the bed but also a seating area.

Back