Hello

Welcome on board @Eddy. We'd love to hear all about the Sven Hedin and the travels that you have had with it.

Hi guys I just joined here we just sold our T6 California and have ordered a Sven Hedin in Metallic grey :) eta is July/August unless it's delayed are there any tips etc that you can give me, it comes with 16" steel wheels so do I upgrade to 17" black alloys? Also what happens if you get a flat tyre as there isn't a spare wheel! We can't wait to get it :)

Thanks Tony we certainly will I will be leaving work a couple of years early when we get it as my new boss is a vile bully and after losing Linda's Mum and Dad in the last three years we know we have to live life and we will :) have you got 17" wheels on yours and do you carry a spare wheel as I know they don't come with them now do they.

Hi there, I gave up work because I was tired of working. I have also lost several family members in the last few years including mum and dad. I am lucky that I don’t have to work, but do miss it some days.

I have the optional MAN alloys. I don’t carry a spare, but have the usual gloop and compressor.

Not checked this van, but my last MAN had the puncture kit, but also had the MAN tool kit and jack.

Thanks Tony we certainly will I will be leaving work a couple of years early when we get it as my new boss is a vile bully and after losing Linda's Mum and Dad in the last three years we know we have to live life and we will :) have you got 17" wheels on yours and do you carry a spare wheel as I know they don't come with them now do they.
I retired from fulltime when I was 56, then spent eighteen years working part time, during that period I converted a T4, three T5s and a T6, all LWB Highroof conversions. I retired completely almost two years ago so I'll leave you to work out my age!
However age & now health meant that the TGE went to a local chap, Buckettz Dubz, for conversion to my spec. I'm now altering a few bits & pieces of it!

Thanks for the replies guys much appreciate it, I know leaving work early with no income will be a bit daunting but I just feel done with it all and the politics that goes with the job it's tiresome, I want that van and we will be away, so pleased to have found this forum as it seems there are a few Sven owners here :)

I've a xlwb crafter....came with black steels 16" .....considered changing but majority opinion was steels better.
I'm now very happy with the black steels.
Also spare is slung under the chassis.
I'm slowly retiring.....down to 15 hours from April, 10 from June.....finished before Xmas!!

I've a xlwb crafter....came with black steels 16" .....considered changing but majority opinion was steels better.
I'm now very happy with the black steels.
Also spare is slung under the chassis.
I'm slowly retiring.....down to 15 hours from April, 10 from June.....finished before Xmas!!
Hmmm that's interesting as ours comes with 16" steel wheels but I know the standard Crafter comes with 17" I am nervous about not having a spare wheel at all, I really want one but it is awkward to store isn't it!

Seems tucked in under rear overhang neatly.....but not sure about how easy to get at on side of motorway!!

Hmmm that's interesting as ours comes with 16" steel wheels but I know the standard Crafter comes with 17" I am nervous about not having a spare wheel at all, I really want one but it is awkward to store isn't it!
Is a standard spare not carried?

These vans normally have a spare wheel in a wind down carrier under the rear. The winder is hidden under a lift out cover in the rear doorway threshold cover and the handle is in the tool kit hidden under the right side front floor covering in front of the engine battery location.

The exception to this is where the spare wheel area has been 'stolen' by the converter to locate either a toroidal LPG cylinder or water tank.

Is a standard spare not carried?

These vans normally have a spare wheel in a wind down carrier under the rear. The winder is hidden under a lift out cover in the rear doorway threshold cover and the handle is in the tool kit hidden under the right side front floor covering in front of the engine battery location.

The exception to this is where the spare wheel area has been 'stolen' by the converter to locate either a toroidal LPG cylinder or water tank.
Hi Rod

I did ask the dealer and they said these vans no longer come with a spare wheel but that does really bother me as we had to use a spare on our T6 so I don't know what to do 😱

Hi Rod

I did ask the dealer and they said these vans no longer come with a spare wheel but that does really bother me as we had to use a spare on our T6 so I don't know what to do 😱

Having looked in the PR (Factory Options) book, all 425 pages of it, that the salesman gave us when we ordered our TGE I see that an optional steel 16" spare wheel was Sales Code 633YB (PR-Nr 1G2). However the book also says that a 17" Alloy wheel will not fit in the carrier so has to be stowed elsewhere.

A tyre pump and sealant was Sales Code: 633YD | PR-Nr. 1G8 |

When fitted with Alloy wheels a space saving 16" Steel wheel was Sales Code: 639HV | PR-Nr. ZR9 was optional.

When any of the above were ordered a tool kit with a 4 tonne screw jack was automatically included Sales Code: 630RB | PR-Nr. 1S1

The above codes are from a 2020 model year PR book so may be different now.

Having looked in the PR (Factory Options) book, all 425 pages of it, that the salesman gave us when we ordered our TGE I see that an optional steel 16" spare wheel was Sales Code 633YB (PR-Nr 1G2). However the book also says that a 17" Alloy wheel will not fit in the carrier so has to be stowed elsewhere.

A tyre pump and sealant was Sales Code: 633YD | PR-Nr. 1G8 |

When fitted with Alloy wheels a space saving 16" Steel wheel was Sales Code: 639HV | PR-Nr. ZR9 was optional.

When any of the above were ordered a tool kit with a 4 tonne screw jack was automatically included Sales Code: 630RB | PR-Nr. 1S1

The above codes are from a 2020 model year PR book so may be different now.
Wow Rod did you read all 425 pages 😱😁 so it looks like hopefully there is a compressor given as standard! It does make me nervous 😱

Yes, there is a compressor as standard in the Sven. Just looked in the tool compartment in the passenger footwell and there is a full tool kit with jack as well.

Back