Coding question -- remote door unlocking.

rod_vw

Lifetime VW owner.
Pro
Does anyone know if it's possible to recode the BCM(?) to allow the centre button of the key fob to unlock the sliding door instead of the rear doors? The van is a 2023 model TGE 3.180 Auto.

@mmi , @Robert you are the two most likely guys to know the answer to this.

Rod

Intriguing question :unsure: Crafters have been equipped with VW MQB based controllers since MY. So the BCMs are somewhat reconfigurable via adaptations - and there are plenty of those. Probably would need some trial and error experimenting.

Indeed, there are a couple of mentions in the adaptations which relate to remote's centre button (HDF-Funktaster). Unfortunately, having only the adaptation map of a vehicle doesn't show what options are actually available - just what's the current value.

E.g.
1716702901979.png

Would need to hook up VCDS into the BCM and then look into candidate channels to see what's possibly available in there.

PS. Quite impressive number of channels in the above BCM (from a MY23 Crafter) - almost 2800 channels to mess around with :eek:
PS2. Unknown to me if altering the BCM on Crafter is already locked by VAG's SFD mechanism - I believe not yet on Crafter/TGE. The protection would be shown in VCDS Auto-Scan on controller's VCID line as below (the snippet is not from Crafter)
1716704806453.png

SFD - Schutz Fahrzeug Diagnose - Vehicle Diagnostic Protection

Intriguing question :unsure: Crafters have been equipped with VW MQB based controllers since MY. So the BCMs are somewhat reconfigurable via adaptations - and there are plenty of those. Probably would need some trial and error experimenting.

Indeed, there are a couple of mentions in the adaptations which relate to remote's centre button (HDF-Funktaster). Unfortunately, having only the adaptation map of a vehicle doesn't show what options are actually available - just what's the current value.

E.g.
View attachment 732

Would need to hook up VCDS into the BCM and then look into candidate channels to see what's possibly available in there.

PS. Quite impressive number of channels in the above BCM (from a MY23 Crafter) - almost 2800 channels to mess around with :eek:
PS2. Unknown to me if altering the BCM on Crafter is already locked by VAG's SFD mechanism - I believe not yet on Crafter/TGE. The protection would be shown in VCDS Auto-Scan on controller's VCID line as below (the snippet is not from Crafter)
View attachment 735

SFD - Schutz Fahrzeug Diagnose - Vehicle Diagnostic Protection

Wow @mmi I have obviously sparked your interest in this possibility!
I do own an up to date fully functioning version of VCDS and, when time allows, can supply adaption maps etc. from our 2023 TGE and I'm willing to experiment. However I'm no expert and during the next couple of months have rather a lot of other commitments.
Your thoughts and assistance will always be appreciated.
Rod

Back