Who has weighed their LWB Crafter/TGE when fully converted?

rod_vw

Pro
As per the title, mine is too close to the 3500kg to be useful so will have to be uprated and I will have to retrieve my C1 license (I'm over 70 and lost it).

Is yours and you were not aware?

Not LWB but Sven Hedin on MWB

I was quite surprised as fully laden, with water and fuel tanks full, I was under 3.5t, from memory I had around 120kg to spare.

Ours self conversion, fully laden for a trip, with two on board 3,3T. That was before the bike rack, add a little for two bikes now.

My extraLWB.....came in at 3.6 after fully fitted. Half tank fuel, half filled water. No personal belongings. 1 driver on board.
Had to up rate to 4.1T.

Just had our LWB weighed now full fitted, came in at 3.28tonnes half tank of fuel, no water, some personal belongings no driver but add 100kg for me in the drivers seat. So to make it worth loading up properly for use it will have to be up-rated perhaps to 3.9tonnes at least.

Just trying to sort out emovis tag for French tolls.....apparently if over 3.5t and over 3m high then can't use tag . Have to apply for different class ie HGV which massively increases price.

My 3.500kgs manufacturers VIN plate is on my OS door pillar.
The later up-plated 3.900kgs plate is on the Nearside B pillar.

☺️

☺️
Van Weight Engineering tell me that they can up-plate mine to 4200Kgs which is what I will do once I have it registered as a Motor Caravan.

C1 medical is passed (I'm over 70 thus lost it at that birthday) and the documents are off to Swansea.

☺️
Similar.....original plate 3.5t then up plate says 4.1t.....
So technically over the 3.5t limit for the class 2 emovis tag.
V5 clearly states 4.1t.....so if the friendly gendarme wants to check then no leg to stand on.

@gavandi I don't use the tolls but do read various comments about such things on the Motohome Fun Forums so I suggest you have a look there. You will have to join to post more than five times on that forum.
Have followed most of recent threads.....seems 50/50......if you use emovis tag as a class 2 and risk it through the lorry gate....then just depends if you get stopped.
If you get a legit tag ..."fulli" then big price hike.
If payg then good odds of getting through on the card payment gates

I'm told all French camping cars are (tongue in cheek 🤨🤨) under 3500Kg as I believe like us there is a licence requirement to drive anything bigger.

Back