Warnings due to tyre size on new TGE

Jord771993

New member
Recently purchased a brand new TGE 4X4 LWB 2026.

This vehicle is in the process of been converted into a camper to be used to take me all around Europe and to some hostile places.

I'm having the issue as many others are with the side assist warning and Front collision warning but it comes on like every 10 seconds and the noise is driving me mad.

I've had grabber AT3 225/70/17 which didn't cause any warning but they are like trolley wheels and just don't look right so I have recently got some K03 245/70R17 and this is where all the problems started with the warnings. I have tried 245/65R17 and they do the same even though MAN Fit them as an optional upgrade. If I put my Grabbers on its fine so its obviously the bigger tyres.

I have seen loads of posts about MAN maybe coming on with a solution for non approved tyre sizes but my question is do you really think the market for them is big enough for them to actually action it and is it even possible for them to have a solution, software etc.

what's everybody's thoughts on this?

If i knew it was going tom be such a headache i would have got a sprinter :ROFLMAO:
 
Oh god I hope mine isn't going to be that bad 😬 . A couple of months and mine will be ready and fitted with 245 65 17 with ko3 tyres . Can u not switch off the front assist even if it is every time u restart the engine.
 
Back
Top