Sound deadening and insulation options

Morning everyone!

Should be picking my MWB crafter up today or tomorrow and will be swiftly getting on with the tearing out and insulation.

I messaged dodomat to see what they would recommend as they seem to have a TON of products in their lineup which all do the same thing. Ended up getting recommended a list that totalled £1200…..

This included 2 boxes of 50 sheets of sound deadening! I’m aware that you need to be covering 50% of single skin panels but this seems like a massive amount. I watched Greg virgoe on YouTube do his Ducato and he used 10 sheets.

They also recommended dodo thermo liner plus the recycled bottle insulation rolls. Are both these commonly used together? I thought most people go for the sound deadening + insulation rolls and leave it at that?

So I’ve got the following questions:

1. How much sound deadening do you think I’ll need (not going to do floor or roof)

2. I’m considering doing sound deadening + insulation rolls with maybe some of the dodo thermo liner in places like under the headliner. Do you think this is acceptable?

I used the dodo mat to. I chose the 10mm thermo liner for the outside skin 95-98% ish coverage. It has sound deadening properties as well as thermal. The most important area was above the cab, no other insulation would do that job so well. Then I used the recycled plastic wool rolls, 40mm, I managed two layers cross bonded, glued with trim adhesive. Then a thick 5mm vapour barrier and finished with 3mm wall panels with a vanilla paper on it. The vapour barrier it’s the type used under laminate flooring, with strong 3 inch tape on all seams.
In winter, you can see the frost from outside on the pillars and other bridging areas, where the two skins meet. Nothing I can do about that.

The floor it’s not screwed trough the floor not bonded either. It’s 1/2 inch phenolic ply, routed round the tie lashing points, and used the original floor plates that bolt the ply down, on outside perimeter only. Then bonded the Lyno to the ply, over the plates.

Back