Rear belted seats - what options?

@rod_vw like your option for the rear seat. Curious, is the frame under the seat custom as well? I'm keen to do similar but I want to be able to rotate the seat 90 legs, with potential of having a rib seat added so it folds out into the van toward the door.

@rod_vw like your option for the rear seat. Curious, is the frame under the seat custom as well? I'm keen to do similar but I want to be able to rotate the seat 90 legs, with potential of having a rib seat added so it folds out into the van toward the door.
@Mupp3tt the rear seat is mounted on a very substantial box section frame which in turn is bolted through the floor with reinforcing below. The Truma 4E is mounted below the seat with the exhaust through the side of the van in that location and heat outlets forwards, backwards towards the centre of the van and into the shower pod.
I'm having the seat moved to be as close to the side of the van as possible to give about 50mm more gap between the seat and the kitchen unit, this will involve changing the mounting structure. Doing that will mean that the seating width is a bit cramped for two passengers but that will be a very rare occurrence in our usage.

Back