Let the fun begin!

IronDad75

well we’ve done a thing!

Bonafide member of the crafter club now 😎. Spent a lot of time trying to find the right van for our needs and conversion… bought this one today and can’t want to get cracking!

2020 mwb 140ps Trendline with business pack, 72k miles. Clean van for age, couple of small dinks to get sorted. 🤙🏻

IMG_2816.png

A good first couple of days had. Bulkhead removed and picked up by the scrap man within an hour of delivery 😆. Floor taken up, Mrs Irondad did a great job clearing a beach worth of sand from underneath and cleaned the floor.

Headliner removed (painful). Space sound deadened and insulated).

Ply lining removed throughout, all nice and clean for the age and mileage.

Reverse camera fitted.

A leisurely Sunday job of replacing the head unit, door speakers, a pillar tweeters and fitting the Wolfbox dashcam…. Then sleep 😎🤙🏻🤙🏻

IMG_2858.jpeg

IMG_2866.jpeg

IMG_2870.jpeg

IMG_2865.jpeg

I always find it one of the most satisfying jobs when you first start on a new van and get it all stripped back and cleaned !

Over both front doors...

But no I think all I saw was how the door seal in your photo looked like a 'fat' wiring loom over the doors. Optical illusion!

1724250429840.png

Been a busy bee since my last post!

✅ OEM floor taken up, good clean, dodo floor liner fitted
✅ sound deadening going in
✅ insulation going in
✅ diesel heater installed
✅ raised rear floor prepped
✅ headliner shelf and bulkhead surround in progress
✅ roof fan fitted
✅ aluminium profile on it’s way to start making bench seat / bed area
✅ electric planning under way
✅ van is off to the body shop next week to sort a few little bumps

Garage is full of boxes both empty and full - keeping cardboard for templating 🤦🏼‍♂️

IMG_2916.jpeg

IMG_2910.jpeg

IMG_2887.jpeg

IMG_2883.jpeg

IMG_2882.jpeg

8AAF6EA4-8D63-4B55-AFD9-0C99AB2DF51B.jpeg

Pleased to say it all fits! Couple more connections needed but not a bad job and will look smart once it’s transferred onto black Hex board once the van is back from the body shop 🤙🏻

image.jpg

Nice work, looks great in all blue... i know how long things like that take so top marks! Looking forward to seeing the build progress!
Thanks! I’ll sleep well tonight for sure! Planning takes the longest and trying to get everything onto the board to fit in the space available. The challenge and fun with these builds is juggling the space to get the best compromise with layout. I’m like a pig in mud 😎

I went to remove the rear light to fit the rear camera…. T27 torx ffs. VW can be really annoying at times. Think I might just fit it above the number plate 🧐 then again….
This is going to be a very slow conversion lol.

I went to remove the rear light to fit the rear camera…. T27 torx ffs. VW can be really annoying at times. Think I might just fit it above the number plate 🧐 then again….
This is going to be a very slow conversion lol.
The camera for trailer assist (or whatever VW call it) fits by the rear number plate maybe above, can't remember for certain.

Back