Fly screen for side door

3655phil

Hi I am waiting for my new van to be built and been looking at fly screen doors.
For anyone interested I have found details of a company that make them for post 2017 Crafters.
34998Van Fly Screen Door VW Crafter/MAN from 2017 LHS
1267​
1884​
134999Van Fly Screen Door VW Crafter/MAN from 2017 RHS
1267​
1884​

They only sell to the trade and they have a main supplier Miriad products in Staffordshire.
I did ring them and although they wouldn’t give me a price it was agreed that it would be between £250 and £300.
hope this assists you

Thanks @3655phil, I have sent the Horrex the following query...

"Please can you supply full details detailed photographs, fitting instructions and approximate prices of a van door fly screen for a left sliding door on a 2023 model Volkswagen Crafter/MAN TGE.
My vehicle will be in the conversion companies workshop for a bespoke conversion and I would like detailed information before I request the item to be fitted to my vehicle.

I believe you have Miriad Products Ltd as your a distributor in the UK.

Thanks in advance,

Rod Sleigh"

I will report back on their reply but I rather doubt the price that you have been quoted as Leisure Shop Direct sell the Horrex ones for a T5/T6 at £675 :eek:. See Horrex Sliding Door Flyscreen | Leisureshopdirect

Last edited:
I wonder if the mesh is small enough to exclude the bloomin’ Scottish midges. There are microscopic and get through the usual insect mesh.

I wonder if the mesh is small enough to exclude the bloomin’ Scottish midges. There are microscopic and get through the usual insect mesh.
Maybe if one of us is brave enough to buy one we will find out!

I guess the decision will have to be made before the camper furniture in the doorway is built so I'll discuss it with my converter when I get the chance. Current estimation is that mine won't get into the build workshop until January at best.

Sounds logical Rod. Good luck

I bought midge netting direct from a highlands seller. I made my own using 2 curtain wire runs over the top of the slider frame. The two net curtains overlap considerably and part for access.

Midge netting supplier

PS don’t forget to protect your fans, including the bathroom one.

DAMHIK!

Thanks @3655phil, I have sent the Horrex the following query...

"Please can you supply full details detailed photographs, fitting instructions and approximate prices of a van door fly screen for a left sliding door on a 2023 model Volkswagen Crafter/MAN TGE.
My vehicle will be in the conversion companies workshop for a bespoke conversion and I would like detailed information before I request the item to be fitted to my vehicle.

I believe you have Miriad Products Ltd as your a distributor in the UK.

Thanks in advance,

Rod Sleigh"

I will report back on their reply but I rather doubt the price that you have been quoted as Leisure Shop Direct sell the Horrex ones for a T5/T6 at £675 :eek:. See Horrex Sliding Door Flyscreen | Leisureshopdirect
Good evening I can get fly screen for Man tge side loading door it’s £695

Good evening I can get fly screen for Man tge side loading door it’s £695
Thanks for that, do you have any pictures?

I'm assuming that it is for a left sliding door (RHD vehicle) and is of the solid framed type that slides across the door aperture?

Thanks for that, do you have any pictures?

I'm assuming that it is for a left sliding door (RHD vehicle) and is of the solid framed type that slides across the door aperture?
Hi
yes that’s right I’m putting in a order in on Friday it’s a 4/6 week wait

8AA1EEE3-A0A8-47BE-B1A4-1FD43AEA7807.jpeg

Hi
yes that’s right I’m putting in a order in on Friday it’s a 4/6 week wait

View attachment 347
So, let's confirm. It's the Horrex sliding fly screen for the left sliding door of a post 2017 RHD VW Crafter / MAN TGE at at total price of £695 inc VAT plus any shipping from you (or suppliers) to me.? Is that correct?

If it is correct I will talk to me convertor and maybe we can progress this. If it's available from the main Horrex importer in the UK then my converter may be able to deal direct with them.

Good morning
yes that’s correct
I'm assuming that you have put an order in for the sliding door fly screen but have you managed to get a data sheet etc. for the post 2017 model Crafter/TGE similar to the ones posted above? Is so I'd be obliged if you could either post a copy here or email me one.

Thanks Rod

Back