D+ signal fuse

Phil Saunders

Hi,
I'm looking for the D+ signal fuse, is it called something else on the fuse board? Is it the onboard signal unit?
Thanks

D+ is normally the term given to the alternator output, its similar to ignition live but actually needs the engine running rather than just the key on to go live, most people would just use an ignition live if your just looking to trigger something

What are you trying to do ?

D+ is normally the term given to the alternator output, its similar to ignition live but actually needs the engine running rather than just the key on to go live, most people would just use an ignition live if your just looking to trigger something

Hi Pauly, thanks for taking the time to respond. I'm installing a clayton power LPS 3000 but I've found the fuse now so all good thanks šŸ˜Š

I trust that you are all aware that a VW/MAN equivalent of a D+ signal and an ignition on signal are two very different things as @Pauly has said above.

Ignition on is just what it says on the tin.

The signal that VW/MAN use comes from the BCM (Body Control Module) T73c Pin 72. It is my understanding that this pin is energised when the alternator is charging but can be de-energised when more important current consumers need the alternator output i.e. Load Shedding. The function of this circuit is configurable in the BCM coding with VCDS or similar software.

This is how VW/MAN connect a second battery to charge controlled by the Second Battery charging circuit relay (J713). The controlling signal comes from the BCM via the Red/White wire connected to T2lk pin 1, The brown wire connects to chassis ground (-ve)
1709584292689.png
Here is the BCM (J619) end of the circuit, controlling signal is via the Red/White wire from T73c Pin 72.
1709583828621.png

HI Paul i have a man tge and also so have a clayton which please is the d+fuse thanks Graeme

Back