Charger probs

gavandi

Pro
My son just using our van(yes I know its generous/risky!).....
He hooked up to ehu on camc site....but couldn't get any power....
Someone with some knowledge tried to help....current from ehu all good and coming into van but wasn't going to battery as shown on display and he couldn't use some electrics ie fridge, pump, water heater. Light weight stuff ..tv, some lights, oven was OK.
Any suggestions/help....anything obvious that we're missing?
Cheers

No.....my son had a local guy look at it but he scratched his head and said it was a very sophisticated but complicated system....its all viktron.
Electricity coming in from ehu but not out of charger to van.
? Now a software issue :unsure: o_O:eek:

It should be an easy process for an electrician to follow the electrics through.

Update!!!!
Lots of issues!
Seen by 3rd person today!
Seems to be set up/configuration/software issue.
Hopefully resolved on wed.
Complicated systems all well and good ....when they work!!

Sorted!!!
Issue with inverter and software communication!!!!
What was wrong with simple switches and dials!!
I bet the charger was just disabled. When firm-aware updates the victron inverter charger, defaults to 0 anps to protect the battery. It can be done via vrm online if you have data and vrm account, or, via mk3 to usb and laptop. The dip switch no2 is ON, all others are of, for stand alone with grid/genny back up.
Victron systems are very reliable, just needs to be understood, and set up right.

I bet the charger was just disabled. When firm-aware updates the victron inverter charger, defaults to 0 anps to protect the battery. It can be done via vrm online if you have data and vrm account, or, via mk3 to usb and laptop. The dip switch no2 is ON, all others are of, for stand alone with grid/genny back up.
Victron systems are very reliable, just needs to be understood, and set up right.
You're telling me!!!!

Back