Water pump making pulsing noise

Littlemissvw

Pro
Hi again, not sure if this is the right section but hopefully someone has solved the issue I’m getting.
The water pump for the sink pulses when it’s on and is quite noisy. Water runs through and seems to flow in time with the pulses, ie more/less/more if you see what I mean.
It’s a shurflo (apologies for blurry image but I was having to rummage underneath for it!)

Is it an air in the system issue? In which case any tips to resolve it? Or a new pump job….

Unfortunately it also seems the tap itself has also sprung a leak underneath so if I need to replace that I figure I might as well get the pump at the same time.
Thanks in advance as always!

IMG_9072.jpeg

Sounds like your system needs an accumulator to even out the supply. Regarding the noise is your pump mounted to anything solid? If it is try putting some foam between the pump and the backing board as well as some under the screws

Underneath there is a hex screw, turn clockwise to increase the pressure switch cot out. A accumulator will reduce the cycling on/off, but if the pump worked before ok, try the screw adjuster first.

Thanks both - there is a little bottle type thing next to the pump which I just assumed was a filter? The pump I think is mounted to the chassis which is why it’s tricky to see what’s going on! I had to use the front facing camera to get the photo of it.
I’ll hunt around and try the hex screw and check again.
The pump has always pulsed a bit, but it’s gotten worse - and then I found the leaky tap. So it’s never been right I think but I’ve never had a water pump with tank like this before so wasn’t sure if it was meant to be a bit noisy 😁
I’ll report back once I’ve investigated - thanks!

Hmmm, so the pump is fitted snugly to the chassis - it is also installed as close to the top as it can go so I have no chance of adjusting the pressure switch without removing the whole thing. There also is only a Philips screw on the bottom not a hex screw.
I checked the little bottle next to the pump and it’s definitely a filter. Interestingly, when I emptied this and then ran the tap again it didn’t pulse for a bit but then spat a bit and then continued along with the pulse. So I’m guessing air getting in somewhere, I’ll started with changing the tap.

Speaking of which 😁 the taps that are identical have a different end on - eBay has this DOMETIC SMEV AC539 COLD TAP W/ JOHN GUEST TAILS 12V SINGLE CARAVAN CAMPERVAN | eBay but I’ve got as per the photo - would anyone know what this fitting is called?

IMG_9067.jpeg

Ah! Think I have a Reich tap not a Dometic which has barbed tails not the other type.

Last edited:
Back