Swapping double passenger seat for single??

IronDad75

Looking to find out if anyone has swapped out a twin for single passenger seat?

I’ve search around and have seen snippets of info so assume it can be done. One thing that comes up is the passenger airbag light. Has anyone does this with your van - if so what important things need to be considered?

Does the floor have pre drilled mounting holes for a single?
Issues with passenger airbag light

Likely to be a 2018+ crafter /tge

Any help / advice appreciated 😁🤙🏻

The floor does have the bolts already in for your single seat, you will need blanks of some dexcription to cover the old holes no longer in use. I have done the swap myself and had no lights on dash etc, but i suppose this varies on the spec of van. Some new transporters have 5 plugs under the double seat, maybe i was lucky with my double to single swap being a lesser spec.

Brandon

The floor does have the bolts already in for your single seat, you will need blanks of some dexcription to cover the old holes no longer in use. I have done the swap myself and had no lights on dash etc, but i suppose this varies on the spec of van. Some new transporters have 5 plugs under the double seat, maybe i was lucky with my double to single swap being a lesser spec.

Brandon
Thanks Brandon, I’d hoped the bolt holes would be there, so good to have that confirmed. Saves me looking for the elusive single seater within my budget 😀

Back