Sliding door not closing fully

andyjlowe

I am having issues with my sliding door in my van. The door doesn't close fully unless you slam it really hard. There is a small gap at the rear of the sliding door. I have tried adjusting how the door sits on the mechanism, but having it closer to the van just made the problem worse.
It's probably something I could put up with, but I live in the van and its not ideal come winter.
Does anyone have a solution or what would be causing this?

Try shutting the sliding door with one of the other doors open. If the door closes OK then it is caused by air pressure build up in the van

Mine is exactly the same. You have to slam the door unless there is another door, window or roof vent open.

Try shutting the sliding door with one of the other doors open. If the door closes OK then it is caused by air pressure build up in the van

Mine is exactly the same. You have to slam the door unless there is another door, window or roof vent open.
Volkswagen feature, been the same since the very early Beetles.

If you’ve adjusted the door and it’s seating reasonably well try loosening the slam plates, closing the door, opening it again and then retightening them to make sure they’re not catching. Worked in my T5

Back