Side protective trim - side markers - retrofit?

Spuffington

Hi - newbie here

I have an MY23 MWB TGE 4.180 4x4 underpinning a Knaus BoxDrive 600XL. Absolutely love it!

bdc83341-8b97-48e1-8551-ae2b216fb897.jpeg

Have increasingly noticed having seen other vans, that I don’t have any side markers in the protective plastic trims down the side of my van.

Just wondering if anyone has retrofitted these and if the loom for the side markers is already there and just needing to plug into the appropriate equipment?

TIA

Depending on what you can access the loom runs around the top panels passenger side all the way back ..over the 2nd roof rib in from the back doors (between slider and rear one ) and back along the passenger side top to behind the front side window
The looms drop down in the reinforcement directly behind the sliding door and the same on the drivers side (if you can access any of it that's the only wire that will be hanging down on both sides.
I've not checked in depth but it looks like they are just pressed through a bung internally and you'll be able to get new moundings easily enough

This is on a crafter but should be the same
Sorry if you are even more confused now 😅

Depending on what you can access the loom runs around the top panels passenger side all the way back ..over the 2nd roof rib in from the back doors (between slider and rear one ) and back along the passenger side top to behind the front side window
The looms drop down in the reinforcement directly behind the sliding door and the same on the drivers side (if you can access any of it that's the only wire that will be hanging down on both sides.
I've not checked in depth but it looks like they are just pressed through a bung internally and you'll be able to get new moundings easily enough

This is on a crafter but should be the same
Sorry if you are even more confused now 😅
That sounds just like the way that the side marker lights are wired on out LWB MAN TGE.

That sounds just like the way that the side marker lights are wired on out LWB MAN TGE.
Could assume as they don't use them ,when they fitted to top box they just removed but if they are all the same it'll be easy enough to check

Thank you so much.

I think I’m going to have to accept this won’t work for me. A quick check shows there’s no loom so I’d have to run one which is virtually impossible without disassembling large parts of the inside of the hab area. It’s not worth it for a vanity project. Shame as the new trims and bulbs are “only” £500 new.

Thanks for your help though.

Back