MAN lwb

What’s the 177 lwb like to drive ? Only had experience with my current lwb transporter.
I'm migrating from a High Roof LWB 140 Manual T6 to a High Roof LWB 177 Auto TGE. We've had LWB T4s, T5s & a T6 for twenty years so just getting used to the extra 6 feet of length plus the Auto transmission is our challenge.
Comfort wise the TGE with the comfort seats etc, is as good or better than the T6, as above the length needs more thought but the driving position is higher and with a larger windscreen, rear camera and bigger mirrors it's just a case of getting used to it. The auto box is nice especially when compared to the Beetle (avatar) with crash gearbox and cable brakes!
177ps is plenty (the current T6 is a 140 and its processor T5 was a 180), I don't know how the fuel consumption will pan out, time will tell on that. The road noise, even in an empty van, is not excessive although I have a few rattles to get rid of.
Overall I like the TGE, SWMBO will come to her own conclusion when she has driven it a good few miles, normally she is happy with hundreds of miles behind the wheel of the T6.

PS @Rustic12 my previous LWB T5 now resides in your home town.

I'm migrating from a High Roof LWB 140 Manual T6 to a High Roof LWB 177 Auto TGE. We've had LWB T4s, T5s & a T6 for twenty years so just getting used to the extra 6 feet of length plus the Auto transmission is our challenge.
Comfort wise the TGE with the comfort seats etc, is as good or better than the T6, as above the length needs more thought but the driving position is higher and with a larger windscreen, rear camera and bigger mirrors it's just a case of getting used to it. The auto box is nice especially when compared to the Beetle (avatar) with crash gearbox and cable brakes!
177ps is plenty (the current T6 is a 140 and its processor T5 was a 180), I don't know how the fuel consumption will pan out, time will tell on that. The road noise, even in an empty van, is not excessive although I have a few rattles to get rid of.
Overall I like the TGE, SWMBO will come to her own conclusion when she has driven it a good few miles, normally she is happy with hundreds of miles behind the wheel of the T6.

PS @Rustic12 my previous LWB T5 now resides in your home town.
Thanks for the reply rod. Really enjoy driving our lwb transporter so the step up in length with the MAN should be even better. As great a van as ours is I’m not going to miss setting up and putting down the bed every night. This one is going to have a permanent bed in the back with garage underneath

Thanks for the reply rod. Really enjoy driving our lwb transporter so the step up in length with the MAN should be even better. As great a van as ours is I’m not going to miss setting up and putting down the bed every night. This one is going to have a permanent bed in the back with garage underneath
My LWB T5s & T6 have always had Reimo rail mounted seats/bed so bed making is not too much of a chore however as you say it will be nice to have it fixed. The Reimo seat on runners is great as it makes the van into a big estate car when necessary and with the seat as far forwards as it will go makes for vast carrying capacity.

Our plan (which may change) for the TGE is to have an electric raising bed with fairly low in normal position as us elderly folks don't want much of a climb into bed! Permanent garage space is not too important but with the raising bed we should have plenty of carrying space when occasionally needed.

Back