Hot water options

Planning on. Having an external bullfinch shower point in my conversion that probably won’t be used regularly. No internal shower.

Original plan was a Truma diesel combi heater, but at what £1900? This seems an expensive extra. If it was just me I’d have a cold shower no probs but the wife and kids won’t appreciate that hah.

Just looking at other options for the hot water side of things. A 10L tank with an immersion heater would be an option but that’s a lot of battery power to heat, and as I’m going gasless I need to be careful (going for induction hob etc which is already power hungry).

Are there any other sensible options I could look at?

No, it is a diesel water heater. The Sven Hedin uses an Ebersparcher diesel water heater to provide heat and hot water. It has a diverter valve like in a central heating system to send hot water to radiators or a calorifier.

You can build you own system using a heater like this, common on canal barges etc.

another option is Bobil water heater, in conjunction with a diesel air heater. It can be integrated even with the Chinese heaters.

Back