Hi from Essex

Ross.B

Hi all,

Ross here from Essex, Just joined the forum today as after 12 years of owning VW T4's its time to make the jump to something bigger. Have our last trip down to Cornwall booked in for July, then the plan is to sell the T4 and my wife's motor and start the search for a Crafter/MAN.

Not sure on exactly what size/model to go for as yet so all info/opinions/knowledge welcome, what i do know is that i cant afford a converted van so that will be done by myself with some help from a few friends etc.

A few pics of my current Van below, which i really do not want to sell,:cry: BUT needs must.

I'm on various T4 Forums already, but looking forward to the new journey ahead and chatting with some new folks...(y)

T4.2.png

T4.3.jpg

T4.4.jpg

T4.6.jpg

Welcome aboard, you are following the same journey that so many others have done, myself included. VW Bay window to T6 via all VW camper models in between. We are now with LWB MAN TGE and heading for Europe in it next week.

Thanks for the welcome Rod,

Its VW natural progession i suppose...;)

We have just come back from a 2 week trip around Spain, where we hired a van " LWB Peugeot Boxer" and realised that we really wanted something larger. Had a nosey through some of your posts yesterday and the van looks amazing, well done.

Enjoy your trip and keep us posted on your adventures..

Jump to a Crafter size is certainly more practical. Have gone from a T6 (still owned and need to sell!) to a self converted Crafter made it a lot easier to go away in. Downside, its bigger to drive around in and not as 'cool' as the T6 🤷‍♂️.

Jump to a Crafter size is certainly more practical. Have gone from a T6 (still owned and need to sell!) to a self converted Crafter made it a lot easier to go away in. Downside, its bigger to drive around in and not as 'cool' as the T6 🤷‍♂️.
I'll agree with most of that but a Crafter / TGE is the new 'cool'!

Back