Five weeks in that there Europe..

Oldrat

Pro
We don’t usually have a plan for short trips, we look at the forecast and head towards the most favourable.

Last year, we had 5 weeks in and around Germany and my better half had identified some must see places so a route kind of fell into place.

Now, Le Shuttle is booked both ways, and we just need to plan again.

We fancy North Italy, so will be looking at the most cost effective route down.

The Tunnel under the Alps looks to be a bit exxy, so we’ll work another way!

I’ll keep you updated

👍

I like Northern Italy, but never done it in a van. Looking forward to your updates. Might prompt me to do the same.

Five weeks at a time has been our norm for the last few years except for the Covid lockdown. Last year we attended the vintage VW meeting at Hessisch Oldendorf for the weekend of 22/23 June then wandered south through parts of Germany and into France returning home in the last week of July. In August we went back into France returning home at the end of September. Mostly using Aires and Stellplatz often as rural as possible.

Great times wandering the countryside in the T6 hopefully the TGE will be ready to do something similar this year.

We don’t usually have a plan for short trips, we look at the forecast and head towards the most favourable.

Last year, we had 5 weeks in and around Germany and my better half had identified some must see places so a route kind of fell into place.

Now, Le Shuttle is booked both ways, and we just need to plan again.

We fancy North Italy, so will be looking at the most cost effective route down.

The Tunnel under the Alps looks to be a bit exxy, so we’ll work another way!

I’ll keep you updated

👍
When you heading off?
Do you have to go in with the HGV s on le shuttle?

We are off on the 17th April.
Last time on the train, we were with all the bigger wagons, mostly motorhomes, but some heavies.
👍

With a high roof T6 we have always travelled in the single deck portion of the normal tourist shuttle, cars on the double deck part.

When two of us have gone over with a car and the camper we've often been put onto different shuttles despite both bookings being done for the same one! If by chance you are planning that be sure to make arrangements to meet up the other side, and remember that if you are planning to meet at the fuel station at Calais remember it's not straight forward to get from there back onto the motorway.

We may cross paths. Currently in Ro for another week, then we make our way down to BG, then GR, then ferry to Italy and heading north towards Austria Switzerland. Today 21C here, and sunny.

Back