Extended warranty & Service plan

rod_vw

Pro
Just finalising the dealings on our new TGE. Has anyone any thoughts on extended warranties i.e. extra two years?
Also the available service plans, 3 interim plus 3 major services?
Both from MAN. I'll post the prices that I'm being offered when I have them.

Last time i enquired with VW commercial (a couple months ago) they werent offering anything in terms of extended warranty/deals

Interested in what MAN offerings there are, couldnt find much on their website

Just had a scout around the MAN sites and found a relevant brochure, seems mainly about servicing but does mention extended warranties also although no mention of prices
Have uploaded a copy in the downloads section

Interesting comment at the bottom of page regards extending 'uptime guarantee' by 12 months every time its serviced at main dealer

Capture.PNG

Are VW still doing the ‘All in plan’ offer?

If so this copy and paste from my T6 post might still be relevant.

December 2021 :-
My Crafter has just smiled through its free inspection check at VW Citygate in Colindale.

As I was offered 10% off the ‘All in’ deal, I’ve signed up.

For those considering doing so, here are the details.. (and yes, I appreciate that cheaper services can be had elsewhere..)

Costs without ‘All in’
Two services
Service major. £378
Service minor. £192
2x MOT. £110
2yr warranty. £?
2yr recovery. £?
Total cost £670

Cost for ‘All in’
£31.70 per month x 24 = £760

So the extra 2yr warranty and 2yr recovery is costing me £110 or just £55 per year.

So I’m a happy bunny

But you can only take that out at the end of the standard warranty term, VW used to offer extended warranty you bought upfront when the vehicle was new to extend the standard 3 year term to 5 years when the vehicle was new

I had some funny dealings with my local vw commercial. Of course I’m not implying that are all the same. Last time I ordered a add blue delivery unit. Ordered for next day delivery, 3 day later went in to collect it, because they never called me. Guy can’t find if. After two times going in the back, comes back with a battered box, taped with masking tape? I open the box in front of him, bolts falling out , and bag ripped out. Pump without plugs on the add blue line and inlet. A used part that can’t be returned because it’s a electronic part. All crystallised inside by previous add blue use. At the tune of 378 quid. I said straight away, how can you sell this? I want the new real thing. Sorry sir, I will order a new one for you, ready to pick up tomorrow late morning.

They do offer a service plan, but it’s cheaper for me to service abroad. My cousin runs a garage In Düsseldorf, that’s where I get stuff done. My dpf costed me €1800 in there, in UK £3k fitted.

All in warranty is available for £860 inc vat ish
2x service
2 years road side assistance
2 MOT
And 2 years warranty
It has to go in for an inspection to make sure all is ok first.
I had my van in but because a garage that owed me a favour fitted a gates timing belt and water pump they wouldn’t give me it.
My glow plug number 4 has gone 2 weeks after I got declined for the warranty at a cost of £375 + vat I’m well pi_ _ed off.

Ive had a rather bad experience with a VW commercial service centres and wondered if anyone has had something similar happen or has advice on what to do.
My Crafter is coming up to 5 years old in march so its out of warranty. But Ive always had it serviced at VW every year. I took it in for a regular service last year at 84,000 miles all good no advice on changing anything all seems to run well. then I moved and took it to another VW centre the next year at 94,000 Miles - All good no advice on anything. Two weeks later the Timing belt snaps at 70mph - F#*ck!!!.......Apparently the belt needed changing at 82,000 miles or 4 years old. This was missed by two different VW Service centres and they will not accept any responsibility for not checking that it needed a change even though the complete history is available to them. the engine rebuild is at £5K and rising as they keep finding things that have gone as a result of the snap.

Do I have any kind of recourse because of their negligence?

my friends t5 California had an over heating problem’s which ended up having to be a rebuilt at a cost of 5k.
The van had been serviced by vw all its life and even though he had only had it for 2 years and Also bought it privately they gave him 50% support.
He did have to send quite a few email’s before they offered him it but I think they should definitely be offering you something.
I would try and go direct to vw and lodge a clam there is no way I would be paying for that as they are the experts I was advise me them when my belt and water pump needed replaced.

Last edited:
Back