Any Sven Owners Switched to Lithium?

TonyL

Pro
Hi

Has anyone on here with a Sven Hedin upgraded to lithium batteries? If so who did the swap and what did you do?

Thanks

Depending on what equipment is already fitted, it will influence your particular upgrade. You will need lithium compatible charging sources, including a b2b charger.

Hi Raul

I have already upgraded the solar charger to a Victron unit so that I could see what was happening. I have confirmed that on sunny days it does go from bulk to absorption then float with the AGM batteries. However, if the weather is dull the SOC declines.

So the solar controller is can be changed to deal with Lithium. However, I had contemplated a second controller that could be used with a portable array to deal with the days with the weather is not at its best.

Yes, I understand that a B2B is required and have looked at the Victon unit again.

The only question is the existing systems, and what to do with them?

If you have a split charging, needs to be disabled as the b2b will replace it, and the mains charger if not lithium compatible, turn it off or pull the fuse. Then add a victron ip22 range, in parallel. A second solar controller not a problem, just dial in all the same so they will happily work in parallel.

Back