Wolfbox dashcam

Ken Watt

Anyone using these? Seen similar online a ton cheaper, are they worth the money? Also how to fix mirror to windscreen
Thanx in advance

I’ve not got Wolfbox but have fitted a Red Tiger 4k dashcam and rear live view camera. It works very well for the price, but I had to use a Brodit dash mount and homemade bracket to affix it to the van. Really it also needs some kind of sun hood on it too to stop it cooking!

I had bought a rear view mirror and even tried to get it fixed to the windscreen but was told there weren’t enough of the black dots to enable a secure enough fix for it - hence why I did the dash thing. My van didn’t have the mirror fitted already unfortunately so didn’t have the right windscreen…… so I was told…….

Anyone using these? Seen similar online a ton cheaper, are they worth the money? Also how to fix mirror to windscreen
Thanx in advance
I've got one fitted. Been really pleased with it and would recommend it definitely. Bought a VW rear view mirror from eBay and fitted it to that.

I've got one fitted. Been really pleased with it and would recommend it definitely. Bought a VW rear view mirror from eBay and fitted it to that.
I fitted one in my T5, had to buy a cheap mirror to fix too and then use the rubber clips to attach. Really impressed and doubles up as dash cam which is good. Will definitely fit again when upgrade to crafter / tge in the near future. 🤙🏻

Rear view camera; by the number plate or above the rear brake light?
My wolfbox arrived yesterday and will be fitting today. Headlining all removed ready to run cables hidden along and down a pillar. Hope there’s enough length in cable to get round the dash to head unit space for power up 🤞🏻.

Have the same decision to make. Have already fitted a reversing camera on brake light.

Brake light - greater visibility high up. Not sure if can be mounted far enough forwards. Easy to access and run cable around inside body.

Number plate - will be slightly off centre but still gives good visibility (placed there on my barn door transporter). More work to run cable around and through rubber conduit. Not ideal if you are putting a travel box mounted behind van.

I’m steering towards high level brake light personally.

Did you get hardwire kit ?

My wolfbox arrived yesterday and will be fitting today. Headlining all removed ready to run cables hidden along and down a pillar. Hope there’s enough length in cable to get round the dash to head unit space for power up 🤞🏻.

Have the same decision to make. Have already fitted a reversing camera on brake light.

Brake light - greater visibility high up. Not sure if can be mounted far enough forwards. Easy to access and run cable around inside body.

Number plate - will be slightly off centre but still gives good visibility (placed there on my barn door transporter). More work to run cable around and through rubber conduit. Not ideal if you are putting a travel box mounted behind van.

I’m steering towards high level brake light personally.

Did you get hardwire kit ?
Not bought the hardwire kit yet, thinking I’ll just plug in for the mo. I agree high level light is that way to go so another purchase necessary 🤨 unless it’s possible to mount the camera supplied…? Glad I just bought a telescopic ladder on my shopping spree 😂

Not bought the hardwire kit yet, thinking I’ll just plug in for the mo. I agree high level light is that way to go so another purchase necessary 🤨 unless it’s possible to mount the camera supplied…? Glad I just bought a telescopic ladder on my shopping spree 😂
Hardwire is def worth it. Saves a dangly cable flapping about 😆. You should be able to mount the supplied camera up there. There is plenty of space on the light plastic to fit it to.

Big ladder is a must - got my little steps out to get up to the brake light and was about 3 ft too short 😆. Light removal is straight forward from inside - 2nr torx screws come out first (1 on either side, access through round holes) and pops out a treat 🤙🏻

All fitted here. Just enough cable without extension. Had to fit slightly offset due to main reverse camera. Chang the bracket over to allow to adjust visibility downwards 🤙🏻

IMG_2874.jpeg

I may try and make a start this weekend, did you wire it into the fuse board under the passenger seat? Also which side did you run the rear view cable along?
Ta

I may try and make a start this weekend, did you wire it into the fuse board under the passenger seat? Also which side did you run the rear view cable along?
Ta
Ran the camera along the passenger side, down the A pillar, under the dash into the headunit space. I’ve upgraded the headunit and this had a ground / ignition & perm live to connect up to. Ran the hardwire kit along the roof line passenger side too.

The kit has the configuration options to connect power. I went for ignition power only to avoid any potential battery drain with the van not being driven daily 🤙🏻

IMG_2872.jpeg

Cheers, Im sure it’ll become obvious once I start 🤔 I thought the unit had a safety cut off for the battery? I want the parking guard on so we’ll see…

Just wondering how the ball joint fits the wolfbox..
Think you will still need a rear view mirror to attach to bracket and then use the rubber ladders to hang wolfbox to mirror. I picked one up for £8.49 (ish!) from Amazon. Was lucky with my van that the windscreen was replaced before I got it and new screen had screen clip on it

Back