Under slung gas

airhoguk

Our conversion is a bit light on space internally mainly due to having bench seats in the rear and a internal water tank. It’s a mwb so I’m awaiting a external water tank which wydale plastics are about to start selling. Unfortunately it goes just where autogas 2000’s kit goes on the offside along the sill underhang. Does anyone know of another kit that goes elsewhere without losing the spare wheel. Many thanks and happy new year

Hiya and welcome.

I’ve seen donut shaped gas tanks that sit underneath in place of the spare wheel?

You could then hang the spare on the rear door?

Spare on the rear door on mine with William carrier, that bolts to the hinges and door. The underslung tank is where the wheel was. Further front of that is waste tank. Fresh tank inside frost proof.

Yep, agree with Raul.
The alternative is to do away with a spare wheel altogether, as most modern vehicles have, and carry a 12v compressor, some of those tubeless tyre repair worms and the tools to do it.
Let’s face it, how many punctures do we actually sustain over a given period of time, and the punctures we do endure are more often than not caused by nails or screws.
Some people don’t like using these repair kits…..I swear by them and even if it means it gives you time to get to a safe place or tyre shop all good.

Back