Red Radiator Warning Light.

Ziplob

Hi all, I brought a 13 plate LWB hightop Crafter a few months ago to do a family van conversion on.
I have been prepairing things ready to start this conversion an have been running the engine once a week just to keep the battery topped up. Today I started the van and 10 to 15 seconds after running a red radiator sign came on the dash and couple of warning bleeps happened I immediately stopped the van and checked for coolant leaks and checked to see if the reservoir was low on coolant, it wasn't but topped up to max anyway.
I then started the van up again and same as before 15 seconds later the red radiator sign came back on. I am really concerned that something bad happend. I drove the Crafter 100 miles from the place I brought it from and had no problems at all and when I did the weekly starts I never ran for more than 5 mins. It has me puzzled because the vans engine isn't even over heated its cold.
Any advice on where to look and what possible problems to look for.
Thanks.

Sounds to me the sender unit on the radiator could be kaput!
Locate the sender unit, remove it , either replace it with OEM unit any way as I suspect it won’t be overly expensive.

Back