Hi and mwb help!

lukethompson

Hi all

Currently in the process of selling our t6.1 and making the move over to a crafter .

I’m sure we’re not the first on here to do so and look forward to picking up some tips along the way from those that have.

We can only go to a MWB due to our driveway restrictions and I’m currently seeing if there is anyone local to rg45 Berkshire or Hampshire that might possibly have a MWB they’d be willing to let me have a nosey at! The wife’s slowly coming on board but if I could show her something in person I’m sure she’d be sold like she was when I took her to look at the t6’s originally!

Thank you

Luke

Hi Luke, welcome to the club! 🤙🏻 I’m in the process of uograding from a T5 to MWB. Struggled to find a “real” van to look at, the closest we can was a transit (🤮😆) based Bailey Endevour that gave us the inspiration for layout as dimensions are very similar.

Hi Luke,

Welcome to the forum and yes you're definitely not the only one making the move. We've been converting Transporters for over 14 years and they're slowly fading out of the workshop with Crafters taking their place. I have a MWB myself but we're based in Glossop between Manchester and Sheffield.

The VW show Busfest is on next weekend and we will be trading there. This is in Malvern so a bit closer if you fancied a day out, we will have my MWB and a customers LWB on display!

Thanks all, yes I’m certainly finding this but I guess it makes sense given how big the transporter market is compared to the crafters .

Anyone able to shed any light on engines and service intervals and what I should be looking out for .

I have my eye on a couple of vans , both MWB
2020 approx 55/60k miles
Trendlines and 140bhp

Should I be looking for Cambelt and other jobs already done ?

Thanks

140ps is def recommended - once you fill it with a conversion 102ps would probably struggle (though can be remapped).

I was recommended to get a belt done regardless - same as with transporters.

Spec level is preference but Trendline adds aircon and mfsw which was a must for me.

Also “business pack” adds parking sensors I believe. You can tell from any picture of the dashboard as will have the sensor button on the right hand side below the heater control.

Hope this helps 👍🏻

That’s amazing thank you. I’m waiting to hear back from one of the dealers but I think I’ll negotiate the belt being done before I take it . Yes I did find that with one I looked at , startline but the steering wheel looked like it belonged in the 90’s!
But then I do appreciate these things started off as workhorse vans so probably not necessary.

I just sold my t5 and and have almost finnished the mwb crafter , if you can get the mfsw option go for it as you can get cruise added much cheaper if it doesn't have it , I managed to get aircon and parking sensors with mine but cruise would have been a huge bonus .
It'll take a little getting used to but the drive is nice in the bigger rig .

Back