Hello all!

Jack T

Hi,

Nice to see the new forum up and running! :)(y) Well done @Pauly

My name is Jack (obviously,) big fan of all things VW/Vag. I received lots of help over on the T6 forum when building our family camper. Looking forward to this place growing and being an invaluable resource as well.

This is our T6 which we still have and love.

778324AE-B409-4053-AE94-E4BDF8E79321.jpeg

The T6 is fantastic for its purpose now but for my works van I prefer a little more room (being able to stand up mainly.) That’s where the Crafter comes in, as soon as the 2017 Crafter/TGE was released I knew i wanted one!

In 2020 after a long wait I was fortunate enough to get one. I love it and is hands down the best van I have had over the years. It looks a bit different now but this is how I got it on day of collection.

55486D7D-C9A1-44F1-B52A-C7009C0344FF.jpeg

Welcome to new members and fire away with questions, sure there will be lots of help on hand.

Hi,

My name is Jack (obviously,) big fan of all things VW/Vag. I received lots of help over on the T6 forum when building our family camper. Looking forward to this place growing and being an invaluable resource as well.

View attachment 79

The T6 is fantastic for its purpose now but for my works van I prefer a little more room (being able to stand up mainly.) That’s where the Crafter comes in, as soon as the 2017 Crafter/TGE was released I knew i wanted one!

In 2020 after a long wait I was fortunate enough to get one. I love it and is hands down the best van I have had over the years. It looks a bit different now but this is how I got it on day of collection.

View attachment 80

Welcome to new members and fire away with questions, sure there will be lots of help on hand.
Welcome

Hi,

View attachment 79

View attachment 80

Nice Jack, we were after that colour but our t5 had a dual colour grey and white so thought we'd make a bigger version

Nice Jack, we were after that colour but our t5 had a dual colour grey and white so thought we'd make a bigger version

Thanks, you do see a few pure grey ones around but not all that common. Finding a second had one would be pretty tricky I reckon.

Two tone works well to break up a big van.

We seriously pondered our new Reflex Silver TGE (LWB) being painted dark grey below the waist line but have decided that with all glass (but not all windows) down each side and the original black plastic side trims it looks OK without the £2000 cost of having the lower portion painted. That £2000 can be spent elsewhere!

1680176781928-png.378

Build progress here.

We seriously pondered our new Reflex Silver TGE (LWB) being painted dark grey below the waist line but have decided that with all glass (but not all windows) down each side and the original black plastic side trims it looks OK without the £2000 cost of having the lower portion painted. That £2000 can be spent elsewhere!

1680176781928-png.378

Build progress here.
Looking good, I'm all white so a spray would be welcomed

Mine was all white, but I chose to have the lower painted in VW Indium grey as it matches the plastic panels quite well. Worked out cheaper than a quote I had for a wrap

IMG_1891.png

IMG_4739.jpeg

Back