Government ombudsman criticises DVLA over campervan confusion

rod_vw

Pro
A link to an article published on the Out and About Live website recently relating to the seemingly automatic refusal of the DVLA to change the Body Type on their records and a vehicle's V5C to 'Motor Caravan'.

Time will tell if things will change.

Having read the above web page and see that the DVLA say that they have updated the requirements for conversion to Motor Caravan I visited the DVLA page relating to this and see their their form V1006 was last updated in October 2019 (Issue 10/19). Who is pulling whose leg here?
I also notice that on the form it indicates that 'pop-tops' are not acceptable as recognition of a Motor Caravan requirement!

Last edited:
Applied to change my V5 end of Oct, received letter saying it was accepted and would be changed to motor caravan. However, still waiting for the new V5. Then need to get it up plated.

Applied to change my V5 end of Oct, received letter saying it was accepted and would be changed to motor caravan. However, still waiting for the new V5. Then need to get it up plated.
A few pictures of the completed van would be nice.

Went to a local guy in Lincoln.
Gave him a brief outline and left it up to him!!
Decals really for dvla purposes so wasn't too bothered by final design but it turned out good.

Went to a local guy in Lincoln.
Gave him a brief outline and left it up to him!!
Decals really for dvla purposes so wasn't too bothered by final design but it turned out good.
Hi, we’re in the same position. Our van will be converted in the next month or so and we need decals too. We both liked the look of yours. Do you have the guys details? We’re in Grantham so east to get to Lincoln. Thanks 😀

Allen signs lincoln.
No copyright so go for it!!
He's in small unit off sadler Road lincoln.
Turn right at Damons restaurant roundabout if coming from south onto Doddington Road.
Turn right at Audi garage.
Sadler round 1st Left...? Yodel depot.
Cheers

Allen signs lincoln.
No copyright so go for it!!
He's in small unit off sadler Road lincoln.
Turn right at Damons restaurant roundabout if coming from south onto Doddington Road.
Turn right at Audi garage.
Sadler round 1st Left...? Yodel depot.
Cheers
Perfect thank you. Sounds like he’s near the VW Van Centre. Much appreciated!

Yep.....the road directly opposite....past booker on left....another 200/300m turning on right....to end of road...small industrial units...1st one

Back