Deadlocks

CarlT68

Hiya,
Has anyone added external deadlocks from a company like AVR Mobiles etc.
I’ve seen them on some other makes and on a few ‘YouTube’ channels…..
I’ve got a bear stop being fitted, just thought about something else so I can leave the van when I go out for the day.
🤙

I bought mine from locks 4 vans and fitted them myself.

Not a job for the faint hearted though.

I protected my van from theft by throwing every gizmo at it, but then I realised that these are all (in the main) hidden and that when we leave it parked up in a woodland car park for example when we go for a wander as is our want, then it’s vulnerable to some scribe punching a hole in the door and breaking in. Even more so when we are abroad and the van will obviously contain passports cash etc .

So that’s how I settled on deadlocks, a reliable and very visible deterrent.

If they really want to break in. Then ok. Of course they can smash the windows or use a can opener to get in, but it’s all about putting them off to try someone else’s van not yours.

Many fitters but their locks from L4V
Just make sure that they cover the paint work if they are using a cutting disc, the metal flakes won’t show up until it’s been raining!

And make sure that they paint or seal the raw edgeS

I fitted these locks.
Not particularly difficult, but the result was average, or below what I’d expect from the locks supplied.

Both side passenger and drivers doors are ok, but the sliding door……what a joke. So ,because the inner return leaf of the panel that the hook lock has to come out from, the angle is about 70 degrees , not 90 like you’d want…this in turn throws out any aesthetic appeal out the window , because the actual bit you put the key in is cock eyed and looks particularly crap, because it’s in the face of the sliding door.

If you’d like a picture I’ll post one, but I’m very disappointed with its overall look ( sliding door only).
You’d have thought with today’s technology, there would be a modification/ angled face plate.

I used a company called Ed locks.....v happy with customer service. They came to me.
Even my son said he was impressed as to how neat they were.
As @Oldrat ....... just delays the scumbags and hopefully puts them off.

Back