Wind deflectors

3655phil

I am in the process of ordering door window deflectors.
Does anyone have them fitted?
I am thinking Climair but can’t find a picture of one on the internet for 2017+ Crafter.
Any recommendations or pictures welcomed

I have the Heko ones. It’s what I always fit and am very happy with them.

I’ve not tried deflectors on my vans so it would be useful if you are able to report on them when fitted please.

I have the climair fitted, takes some bending to go in the Chanel. No glue and no clips. Almost two years now and they are pretty good. I got them on eBay, of a German seller. Took about a week to arrive and costed about £50 ish.

I’m thinking OE Genuine VW Part Number: 7C0072193 they look neater but more expensive at £81 on line . I will ring TPS tomorrow see what they sell them for
B4305A6E-D737-49A0-93BA-4B90CFB15E08.jpeg

I don’t have a pic at hand, but I will take one and post tomorrow. The one posted above, at the top, sticks out a bit more than climair.

A question for those with deflectors:

🧑‍🎓

I’ve never had a vehicle with deflectors, can you persuade me that they are a real benefit, and not just bling?

A question for those with deflectors:

🧑‍🎓

I’ve never had a vehicle with deflectors, can you persuade me that they are a real benefit, and not just bling?
Main reason that we fit them is so that front windows can be left slightly open without rain blowing in but they are beneficial to reduce the buffeting when driving with windows open. Mind open window driving is done more on holiday in Europe than in the UK.

We've used them on T4s, T5s & T6 in the past for the above reasons.

PS, I'm too old to do bling, everything has to have a use.

Main benefit for us, we can leave the windows one finger down to prevent for condensation build up. With the deflectors, you can’t tel if they open viewed from outside, and no rain in.

We're they easy to fit?
Yes, there are instructions packaged with them. If I remember correctly they do instruct the fitter to clean the window slides before fitting, if that's the case I would have done it with a cloth with cellulose thinners on it but my van was new when I fitted the deflectors so no traffic grime there.

Heko wind deflectors
Received last week and fitted today.
V smart and neat.
Easy to fit.
Will be put over weekend so hopefully condensation kept to a minimum 🤞

I ordered a set of Heko deflectors from eBay, £37.99 delivered as they were the best deal 😁. However is there a knack for fitting the horrible little clips please?! I can’t get the darn things to either go in on the vertical side or stay in on the top side! Not to mention they’re sharp on the fingertips. Are they meant to stick out?!

image.jpg

Back