What Have You Bought Today?

Fypo

One of my favourite threads from the T6 Forum. Hopefully, it will work as well here!

Share with people your purchases for your van, share your helpful suppliers and also let others know about discounts!

I will start with last night's purchase! Drove the Crafter for the first time in the dark yesterday. I upgraded the T6 with the TransporterHQ headlights with the LEDs, and as soon as it turned dark, I knew I had to do the same for the crafter.

Told myself it could wait until after the rest of the conversion, and then I had a few beers, they had a black Friday offer on, and before I knew it, the money was out of my account, and I had an order confirmation :LOL:

I will update when they are fitted.

Crap VW lights, I can feel your pain!

Unrelated to vans, but I bought this as a a Black Friday purchase.

I’d borrowed one previously and they are Bloomin’ marvellous.

LINK

8405C9E1-4027-41E0-B3B8-2258F942624F.jpeg

Now something van related…
We recently bought one of these for the van…

No prizes offered… ☺️

8319B95C-872A-4B08-94D8-8FAA9CDC245C.jpeg

You are aware that multiplus can do that, there is a pin on pcb for up to 4A that’s intended for starter battery charging.
That’s how I do it. And if leisure gets charged by solar, this link can trickle the starter to, tried and tested.

...yeah isn't sure if that would be enough amps or not for the van? Do you find that okay?

Absolutely, starter only needs about 2A of trickle, that if you are stationary for long periods of time, or storage. I think it turns on when leisure batteries are 13,2v and above. The full 4A is when the multi is plunged on a AC source.

Think it depends what model of multi you are using, sure I have done one in the past that was only 1A trickle for engine battery ?

Think it depends what model of multi you are using, sure I have done one in the past that was only 1A trickle for engine battery ?
Multiplus outputs 1A to the starter battery

It doesn’t show on the data sheet for the Multiplus II.

I’m buying all the victron stuff at the moment and can’t find any reason to pay the upgrade to the multiplus ii as I don’t need any more that 1600w inverter. Unless anyone has a good reason?

Back