What engine output do you have ?

Pauly

VCDS User
Admin
Still looking at various vans (crafters and TGEs) and not 100% on engine output

Think we are decided on a LWB and been looking mostly at 140s but wondering if it will be underpowered with the weight of a conversion in there ?
Of course the 177 would be ideal but tends to come with higher spec vans with higher spec price tags

Mines a 140 LWB, weighs in at 3,640 fully converted.

Power is ok but I do dawdle in it, I treat every trip as a holiday.
TBH I suspect the 177 would have been better, but remaps are supposed be be the way to go for better performance and better fuel consumption I’d recommend this as the way to go- get the 140 and remap if it’s not ticking all your boxes. Otherwise you’ll be waiting forever for the right van.

If I were you Pauly, I’d definitely take a demo for a test drive.
The turning circle on my LWB takes a bit of getting used to after a T6.

Having said that it does drive really well.

You are welcome to take it for a spin if you are ever near London

Thanks for the offer, i drove a MWB at bognor a little while back and was surprised how small it felt, not at all what i was expecting but not sure what engine was in it and stuck in traffic all the way, your right think i need a test drive somewhere

Our TGE that's on order should be a LWB FWD177 Auto you've seen the spec. We decided that sleeping transverse in a MWB could be recipe for disturbance of one or the other at an age when visits to the loo during the night were inevitable! Give us twelve months and I'll tell you if it was the right decision.
@Oldrat yes I've been warned about the turning circle.

I've got xlwb 140 auto.
Apart from slight lag off the line it's fine.
177 was lot more and difficult to get hold of.
As @Oldrat ....no need to rush anywhere.
Motorway driving etc a doddle.
Turning circle as mentioned not easy.

I also have the 140 lwb 6s manual. The torque is unbelievable, I rarely rev past 2,5k rpm. Our conversion topped at 3300kg with full water passenger and driver. I’m getting 28-32mpg , and make the most of the Cruise control on flats. I use the 205 tyres at 55psi all round I think.

My van for work is a MWB 177 Manual FWD Trendline. Wanted a highline and also RWD but neither were available at time of order.

MWB is ideal for work with parking etc, I hired a LWB to try and it was too awkward although for a camper it’s the wise choice.

177 is fantastic with the torque from low down, great for towing also. It’s the only vehicle I’ve had that wants 5th gear when doing 30mph. Sure the fuel economy will be better on the 140 though. I average 30-33mpg doing a mixture of roads loaded towards 3.5t at all times.

I have the MWB 177 Highline front wheel drive
I find it has plenty of power and good acceleration and it also has a twin turbo where as the 140 has a single turbo .
The only thing I do find is a lot of wheel spin when pulling away so have to sort of feather the throttle.
I think it would be better as a RWD but at the time I needed a blue van and this was the only one available but it didn’t have Air con which was annoying. I did get it when vans where reasonable price and compared to now you could almost say cheep.

Back