Surprising fuel consumption

Oldrat

Pro
L3H4 140ps 2018 crafter, plated at 3.900kgs but actual weight fully loaded @3,600kgs

Just returned from my Europe trip (of which I’ll update the other thread later)

Our trip lasting 5 weeks saw us complete 3,100 miles of non toll roads with plenty of Tuscany hill towns.

I enjoy my motorcycles enthusiastically but I do like to bimble around in my van.

Here’s the result showing long term, since start and since refuel.

How does it compare with your T6 when used in a similar way?
As you know we will be going the same way soon to a LWB high roof 177ps TGE, our T6 was also a LWB High roof. The average MPG of that has been a whisker below 35mpg over the whole 73000 miles that we have owned it.

The T6 was much better Rod, much much lighter and less of brick like aerodynamics.

I can’t recall the exact MPG for my T6 (102, SWB) but the figure 38 comes to mind and I drove that more like a daily driver. Ie a bit of commuting / shopping etc in and around London.

L3H4 140ps 2018 crafter, plated at 3.900kgs but actual weight fully loaded @3,600kgs

Just returned from my Europe trip (of which I’ll update the other thread later)

Our trip lasting 5 weeks saw us complete 3,100 miles of non toll roads with plenty of Tuscany hill towns.

I enjoy my motorcycles enthusiastically but I do like to bimble around in my van.

Here’s the result showing long term, since start and since refuel.

That’s impressive 👍🏼

Wow, that is seriously impressive. Our Grand California managed 28mpg last weekend, travelling from North Wales to the Lake District and back again. 140bhp SWB T6 averages 37-38mpg.

I think you all forgot the difference in frontal area between a standard roof T6 (or T5) and a Crafter or TGE.

For the last twenty five years we have driven high roof t4s, T5s & T6s which are not so different to the newly acquired TGE so not expecting a too different fuel consumption but taking into account the extra weight. Time will tell no doubt.

Back