Led light bar

ha51b

Hi all. I'm wanting to put some kind of led light bar on the front grille area of my crafter but alil stuck to what would fit and work the best. It could be a light bar or 2-4 little pieces.

Would love to see any if you example.

Thanks
😁😁😁

Here’s an interesting theme on a variation :
Hi thanks for the link I'm after something like this

Screenshot_20230207_193112_eBay.jpg

Thought so!
I understand that the standard lights on the Crafter (MK2), are somewhat requiring additional lighting.
A light bar surely must be a useful addition!

I bought lightbar and mounting bracket three years ago from ebay. I don‘t know with seller it was.
But this type of lightbars is offered as „ultra slim“. I have the 20“
Like this:
14 20 26 32 38 44 50 Zoll LED Lightbar Lichtbalken Arbeitsscheinwerfer 12V 24V | eBay or 14/ 20 26 32 38 44 50 Zoll LED Arbeitsscheinwerfer Offroad SUV Lightbar 12V 24V | eBay
The mounting bracket ist this:
You find both of them from several sellers.

I fitted the mointing bracket under the plate-holder that we often use in germany.
To srew the lightbar on the tube of the mounting bracket I installed rivet nuts in it.

Because I wanted to switch it with an original button, I needed a 12 V latching relay, because the original button only give a shot signal to ground.
A little bit tricky was to have a mode, that it switch on automaticaly with the car high beam (on request). Therefore you need a canbus adapter that gives you the high beam signal. Only connecting the high beam with a relay to switch the led brings an error with the canbus.

I don‘t know. But it‘s noticebly brighter than the cars high beam.
For me it‘s ok.

Back