LED/HID Headlamps

nuttyjnr

Hi all, new to the group and Crafter ownership.

My new MWB arrives on Friday and one of the first things I would like to do is put decent headlamps on. Has anyone upgraded their headlamps? If so, what have you used and what are the pros and cons.

thanks in advance.

Richard

Few ways depending on how much you want to spend.

1. Upgrade the bulbs in your existing with LED/HID. I have used kits from these guys in the past and been pleased. Here Disadvantage is they aren’t road legal and you would have to swap them out come MOT time.

2. Change to an aftermarket light unit from Transporter HQ Here which would give you the LED DRL look. Still regular halogen bulbs though so you would need to run same as above to get a good output. This style of light will often have projector units rather than reflectors which work much better with HID’s etc. I run similar units in a T6 and they are ok quality wise but in OEM.

3. Third option is to add full factory LED lights which will be very costly and a headache to get coded up. Sure someone more clever than me will have done it though. They are awesome though.

Good luck with the new van, sure you will love it.

I fitted the TransporterHQ ones. Much better than the originals and work really well.1F2BC509-4273-451A-8A5A-B2F1F39B042C.jpeg

Few ways depending on how much you want to spend.

1. Upgrade the bulbs in your existing with LED/HID. I have used kits from these guys in the past and been pleased. Here Disadvantage is they aren’t road legal and you would have to swap them out come MOT time.

2. Change to an aftermarket light unit from Transporter HQ Here which would give you the LED DRL look. Still regular halogen bulbs though so you would need to run same as above to get a good output. This style of light will often have projector units rather than reflectors which work much better with HID’s etc. I run similar units in a T6 and they are ok quality wise but in OEM.

3. Third option is to add full factory LED lights which will be very costly and a headache to get coded up. Sure someone more clever than me will have done it though. They are awesome though.

Good luck with the new van, sure you will love it.
Morning Jack, many thanks for the information, really helpful. :)

Or you could put aftermarket fog lights in, around £45 each, and do your own wiring/ relay using a free switched live under passenger seat. (see other thread).
I’ve not driven in the dark yet in the Crafter. I’ve heard the standard headlights are a bit dull.
Hoping the fog lights will light up the pot holes, at least.

Just looked at those lights( Fancy ones) 😳the price is ridiculous! Guessing they’ll come down over time!

Thanks. I've been looking at fog lights as well. Ican see the crafter is going to cost as much as my Transporter :)

Or you could put aftermarket fog lights in, around £45 each, and do your own wiring/ relay using a free switched live under passenger seat. (see other thread).
I’ve not driven in the dark yet in the Crafter. I’ve heard the standard headlights are a bit dull.
Hoping the fog lights will light up the pot holes, at least.

Just looked at those lights( Fancy ones) 😳the price is ridiculous! Guessing they’ll come down over time!
LED's were an essential when we ordered our TGE, have them in the current T6 also.

However you've not seen poor headlights until you've driven our 1946 Beetle in the dark!!

LED's were an essential when we ordered our TGE, have them in the current T6 also.

However you've not seen poor headlights until you've driven our 1946 Beetle in the dark!!
I would have to stick to day light hours!!
I had the LED/HIDS in my T6 and loved them. Unfortunately, I got an amazing deal on my crafter but it was too late to configure.

Back