Insurance

3655phil

Morning all,
I recently moved over from the T6 forum after selling my van earlier in the year. After a 13 month wait my new Crafter has been built and is en route to the UK.
I have started to look at insurance and I am not sure what security measures to get installed-do I need an alarm a tracker both?different insurance companies have different standards. I am looking at NFU but don’t know their requirements
Anyone had similar experience?
Great forum by the way Phil

We have recently bought a grand California, and due to the value of the van have had to fit a tracker 🙄, so I’m guessing it depends on the value.

We have recently bought a grand California, and due to the value of the van have had to fit a tracker 🙄, so I’m guessing it depends on the value.
I have always had an upgraded alarm and tracker fitted for piece of mind.

I've a tracker and immobiliser fitted.
It certainly brings down insurance from all companies.
It's hard work but you just have to keep ringing around. Quotes change by the hour!!

It seems the insurance companies are only as good as their call waiting time and how quickly they respond to claims and settlements.
It’s certainly a gamble. Cheap cover, or expensive cover is a prod in the dark.

Having a dash cam absolutely helps, no doubt. For the coast of £100 or so having a recording device will save heaps of ball ache.

Morning all,
I recently moved over from the T6 forum after selling my van earlier in the year. After a 13 month wait my new Crafter has been built and is en route to the UK.
I have started to look at insurance and I am not sure what security measures to get installed-do I need an alarm a tracker both?different insurance companies have different standards. I am looking at NFU but don’t know their requirements
Anyone had similar experience?
Great forum by the way Phil
Hi Phil. Bob we chat on messenger. Thanks for giving me details for the forum. I am using Caravan Guard. They give Hillside buyers good rates and they know the Vehicle Specification so not need to try explaining what's involved with your conversion.

Back