Auto light and rain sensor

David

I traveled back from my daughter’s house today about 220 miles and the rain was off and on drizzling then a downpour.
I got absolutely fed up of switching my wipers on , off, moving the intermittent leaver on and off to try and keep up with the changing weather.
My T6 had auto lights and wipers so I have pulled off the plastic on my crafter highline and this is what I found obviously one sensor fitted but not wired and then a round space for another one .
Can anyone tell me what I have and also what I need to obtain auto lights and wipers ? And is it hard to wire. Cheers

65443433-5867-4907-8472-AD199A36D2EB.jpeg

A picture further back would be helpful so we can see what we are looking at but my guess is that the round hole is where the RLS sensor belongs as per most VAG vehicles

I traveled back from my daughter’s house today about 220 miles and the rain was off and on drizzling then a downpour.
I got absolutely fed up of switching my wipers on , off, moving the intermittent leaver on and off to try and keep up with the changing weather.
My T6 had auto lights and wipers so I have pulled off the plastic on my crafter highline and this is what I found obviously one sensor fitted but not wired and then a round space for another one .
Can anyone tell me what I have and also what I need to obtain auto lights and wipers ? And is it hard to wire. Cheers

View attachment 187
I plan on tackling this over Christmas. I will keep an eye on this thread. Will write it up if nobody has anything.

So it’s behind the plastic which is where the centre light is also this is the picture of it from the outside the triangle is the side with the sensor fitted and the round in has no sensor fitted .

image.jpg

1DB565B7-F8C2-44FF-A1FC-3958A7C16613.jpeg

I have seen kits for the t6 auto light upgrade and it just plug and play but don’t no if that kit would fit the crafter as well .
Haven’t seen anything on the rain sensor just hoping that can be done.

T6 light switch unit has a different connector.

Looking at it I think the crafter is the same as a Mk7 Golf.

If anyone can get all the part numbers for things I need to get especially for the wipers I will get them and give it a go s d report back .

Your need the sensor, light switch, wiring and coding (you may get away without the switch if you can work the coding.
I added fogs, cornering lights, light sensor for auto lights BUT do you think I can get the coding to work for auto wipers! It annoyed me so much I walked away from it 6 months ago and I have still not got the guts to try again!
With the coding now in adaptions as a drop down link its simply a load of crap to be able to code anything. Ive probably messed mine up and ive not got a copy of it

T6 light switch unit has a different connector.

Looking at it I think the crafter is the same as a Mk7 Golf.
I used a Vanstyle T6 Auto headlight switch. Bit of adjustment and it works fine. Original post was on the T6 forums - Little Jobs

So did you used the T6 kit on the crafter and when you say a bit of adjustment what was it . Cheers

Back